From: Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Sent: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:38 AM
Subject: [DVSwitch] Administrative request

We are up to 33 members here. I have to say, I'm a little surprised. I would like to ask everyone to include their call sign in their display name in their profile.

Steve

David KE6UPI

OK, Lets see if I got this right.

David KE6UPI

Logon to the group website and change your last name to your call.

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

What Steve is asking is to login and change your display name to show your callsign as shown here...

image1.png

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2017, at 10:48 AM, David KE6UPI <shawpbx@...> wrote:

OK, Lets see if I got this right.

David KE6UPI

Logon to the group website and change your last name to your call.

Bob kc2cwt

dam I am working to may hrs 26 or hrs

Bob KC2CWT
(914)497-5502

What Steve is asking is to login and change your display name to show your callsign as shown here...

image1.png

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 14, 2017, at 10:48 AM, David KE6UPI <shawpbx@...> wrote:

OK, Lets see if I got this right.

David KE6UPI

Logon to the group website and change your last name to your call.

Mark N2NUO <fireman1374@...>

All units, this is a test and a test only, do not respond.

Cort 'x4ex30x4dx41x53' <n0mjs@...>

Like this?

On Jun 14, 2017, at 11:33 AM, Mark N2NUO <fireman1374@...> wrote:

All units, this is a test and a test only, do not respond.

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Steve N4IRS

Sure ;) You are always SO helpful.

On 6/14/17 1:24 PM, Cort 'x4ex30x4dx41x53' wrote:
Like this?

On Jun 14, 2017, at 11:33 AM, Mark N2NUO <fireman1374@...> wrote:

All units, this is a test and a test only, do not respond.

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Figured you and Mike would be seeing those in your sleep by now :)… I do!

On Jun 14, 2017, at 12:37 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Sure ;) You are always SO helpful.

On 6/14/17 1:24 PM, Cort 'x4ex30x4dx41x53' wrote:
Like this?

On Jun 14, 2017, at 11:33 AM, Mark N2NUO <fireman1374@...> wrote:

All units, this is a test and a test only, do not respond.

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Steve N4IRS

What is this "sleep" you speak of and where can I download it? I think it in the same repository as "life" Someone told me to "get a life"

On 6/14/2017 3:11 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:
Figured you and Mike would be seeing those in your sleep by now :)… I do!

On Jun 14, 2017, at 12:37 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Sure ;) You are always SO helpful.

On 6/14/17 1:24 PM, Cort 'x4ex30x4dx41x53' wrote:
Like this?

On Jun 14, 2017, at 11:33 AM, Mark N2NUO <fireman1374@...> wrote:

All units, this is a test and a test only, do not respond.

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Done , checking if it's OK .....

Matthew Pitts N8OHU

Done.

Jean-Marc F1SCA

Done :-)

Santu OTTAVI (TK1BI)

Le 14/06/2017 à 16:38, Steve N4IRS a écrit :
We are up to 33 members here. I have to say, I'm a little surprised. I would like to ask everyone to include their call sign in their display name in their profile.
Done. Anyway, I'm not usuning groups.io WEB interface. I'm using a mail client, and this account is used for various mailing-lists (not only ham-related). I thought about adding my callsign in the "Sender name", but this would be irrelevant for non-ham emails...

I just need some free time to finish and deploy our internal/hamnet mail server, then I'll be able to use "tk1bi@radioamateur.tk". I found a new open-source mail server solution called "Mailcow", and I'd like to have a try (among hundreds of other things on my todo-list, HI)

73 de TK1BI

Santu OTTAVI (TK1BI)

Le 16/06/2017 à 09:44, Santu OTTAVI (TK1BI) a écrit :
Done. Anyway, I'm not usuning groups.io WEB interface. I'm using a mail client, and this account is used for various mailing-lists (not only ham-related). I thought about adding my callsign in the "Sender name", but this would be irrelevant for non-ham emails...
Wow, it works ! My "display name" now appears as I wrote it in my groups.io profile, and not as it's written in the "sender name" field of my email client. Moreover, groups.io allows to specify a different "display name" for every group we belong to. Nice feature !

Steve N4IRS

Edited

We are now up to 80 members here. I have to say, I'm a little surprised. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY would like to ask everyone to include their call sign in their display name in their profile.

73, Steve N4IRS