All-star to dmr bridge #analog_bridge

I am having an issue with the analog to dmr bridge.  I did read a couple posts here and their solutions did not fix my issue.  I can get dmr traffic to the analog side but it will not go from analog to dmr.  The analog bridge software sees that there's traffic and says PTT On from the analog side but it doesn't seem to pass it to the mmdvm bridge.  I've looked over the tutorial I followed several times and looked through logs that really don't give me errors... I've ran the programs in the foreground and from there everything appears normal as far as I can tell.  Maybe it's something simple I'm overlooking but at this point I am at a loss.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve N4IRS

Roger. Please post the MMDVM_Bridge log when you are transmitting from analog to DMR. Also, include your MMDVM_Bridge.ini Remember to clear out the password.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/19/21 8:44 PM, Roger via groups.io wrote:
I am having an issue with the analog to dmr bridge.  I did read a couple posts here and their solutions did not fix my issue.  I can get dmr traffic to the analog side but it will not go from analog to dmr.  The analog bridge software sees that there's traffic and says PTT On from the analog side but it doesn't seem to pass it to the mmdvm bridge.  I've looked over the tutorial I followed several times and looked through logs that really don't give me errors... I've ran the programs in the foreground and from there everything appears normal as far as I can tell.  Maybe it's something simple I'm overlooking but at this point I am at a loss.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is from the MMDVM Side when I transmit from Analog to DMR.

M: 2021-08-22 20:46:55.943 DMR, Logged into the master successfully: 3108.repeater.net:62031
M: 2021-08-22 20:46:58.322 DMR, TX state = ON
I: 2021-08-22 20:46:58.323 DMR, Begin TX: src=3141898 rpt=314189802 dst=3154 slot=2 cc=1 metadata=KE8LCM
M: 2021-08-22 20:47:00.879 DMR, TX state = OFF, DMR frame count was 45 frames

This is from Analog Bridge

I: 2021-08-22 20:46:55.943 EVENT: {"topic":"dvswitch/MMDVM_Bridge/DMR","message":"login success"}
M: 2021-08-22 20:46:58.320 PTT on
M: 2021-08-22 20:46:59.976 Short transmission, extend hang time by 844 ms
M: 2021-08-22 20:47:00.878 PTT off (keyed for 2558 ms)
M: 2021-08-22 20:48:09.140 PTT on
M: 2021-08-22 20:48:12.079 PTT off (keyed for 2939 ms)

MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[General]
Callsign=KE8LCM
Id=314189802
Timeout=180
Duplex=0

[Info]
RXFrequency=222340000
TXFrequency=224940000
Power=1
Latitude=39.24655
Longitude=-81.58580
Height=0
Location=Parkersburg, West Virginia
Description=MMDVM_Bridge
URL=https://groups.io/g/DVSwitch

[Log]
# Logging levels, 0=No logging, 1=Debug, 2=Message, 3=Info, 4=Warning, 5=Error, 6=Fatal
DisplayLevel=1
FileLevel=2
FilePath=/var/log/mmdvm
FileRoot=MMDVM_Bridge

[DMR Id Lookup]
File=/var/lib/mmdvm/DMRIds.dat
Time=24

[NXDN Id Lookup]
File=/var/lib/mmdvm/NXDN.csv
Time=24

[Modem]
Port=/dev/null
RSSIMappingFile=/dev/null
Trace=0
Debug=0

[D-Star]
Enable=0
Module=B

[DMR]
Enable=1
ColorCode=1
EmbeddedLCOnly=1
DumpTAData=0

[System Fusion]
Enable=0

[P25]
Enable=0
NAC=293

[NXDN]
Enable=0
RAN=1
Id=12345

[D-Star Network]
Enable=0
GatewayAddress=127.0.0.1
GatewayPort=20010
LocalPort=20011
Debug=0

[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=3108.repeater.net
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=*********
# for DMR+ see https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
# Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

[System Fusion Network]
Enable=0
LocalAddress=0
LocalPort=3200
GatewayAddress=127.0.0.1
GatewayPort=4200
Debug=0

[P25 Network]
Enable=0
GatewayAddress=127.0.0.1
GatewayPort=42020
LocalPort=32010
Debug=0

[NXDN Network]
Enable=0
#LocalAddress=127.0.0.1
Debug=0
LocalPort=14021
GatewayAddress=127.0.0.1
GatewayPort=14020

Komkit Listisard

Roger, have you try making TXFrequency and RXFrequency the same without an offset?

73, Kit

No I had not thought about that being an issue since it is a radioless node.  Its running the Allstar beta version I downloaded the other day on a virtual server.

Komkit Listisard

Worth a shot since you are still logging on BM server, there were posts about simplex operation that BM server getting bent out of shape when frequencies offset is in used.

It may have nothing to do with your issue but that was something caught my eyes when I saw your mmdvm ini.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

Okay well I tried that and still no dice.  It goes from DMR to analog just fine but the other direction is a no go.

Steve N4IRS

What network? what TG?

On 8/24/2021 10:01 AM, Roger via groups.io wrote:
Okay well I tried that and still no dice.  It goes from DMR to analog just fine but the other direction is a no go.

I have it on BrandMeister on talk group 3154

Steve N4IRS

Test it on TG3166 If 3154 is a State wide TG, then the TG is not "owned" by BrandMeister. It is owned by external groups and they do not allow bridging to the State wide TGs.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/24/2021 10:37 AM, Roger via groups.io wrote:
I have it on BrandMeister on talk group 3154

That Actually worked.... Kinda Bummed though I wanted to be able to bridge to my local state group from time to time to bring some of the local amateurs together with the DMR crowd.