Topics

Allstar <--> DMR & DVSWITCH Was working... #brandmeister #mmdvm_bridge #analog_bridge

Peter Buckley

I had a working DVSWITCH  Allstar <--> DMR/BrandMeister Gateway.  Only using Allstar to DMR Gateway to Brandmeister....

I believe my configuration (error?) has to do with how   MMDVM_Bridge.ini    is trying to connect to BrandMeister TG 31085
(since confirmed the Allstar side & node working OK)

From  MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[General]
Callsign=N0ECT
Id=110824502         (question should this just be  1108245 )
Timeout=180
Duplex=0
ModeHang=0
RFModeHang=0
NetModeHang=0
Display=None
Daemon=0

[DMR Network]
Enable=0
Address=127.0.0.1
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd     (question should this be my BM Talk Group new password I created at BrandMeister)
Slot1=1
Slot2=1
ModeHang=0
Debug=0

Any HINTS?  Configuration TIPs greatly appreciated.
73s  N0ECT

Steve N4IRS

The ID is your DMRID + the SSID that identifies the hot spot that you are logging into BM as.
The password is the HotSpot password you setup.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/29/2021 11:28 AM, Peter Buckley via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Brad N8PC

On 1/29/2021 11:28 AM, Peter Buckley via groups.io wrote:
I had a working DVSWITCH  Allstar <--> DMR/BrandMeister Gateway.  Only using Allstar to DMR Gateway to Brandmeister....

I believe my configuration (error?) has to do with how   MMDVM_Bridge.ini    is trying to connect to BrandMeister TG 31085
(since confirmed the Allstar side & node working OK)

From  MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[General]
Callsign=N0ECT
Id=110824502         (question should this just be  1108245 ) <this should be update to a new ID but add 2 numbers to the end
Timeout=180
Duplex=0
ModeHang=0
RFModeHang=0
NetModeHang=0
Display=None
Daemon=0

[DMR Network]
Enable=0  < this needs changed to a 1 to use it
Address=127.0.0.1
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd     (question should this be my BM Talk Group new password I created at BrandMeister) if it is a repeater then password is passw0rd. if it is a hotspt then it is the password that you set in the self care
Slot1=1
Slot2=1
ModeHang=0
Debug=0

Any HINTS?  Configuration TIPs greatly appreciated.
73s  N0ECT

Mark Simon

You can check if your node is connecting to Brandmeister by logging on to the Brandmeister.network  home page.  Entering your logon/password (BM password not Hotspot password) and clicking on My Hotspots in the left margin.  I saw that my DMR/Allstarlink/DVSwitch was not connecting and figured out that the hotspot that I use in my home network and DVSwitch were set for the same server.  I changed the hotspot (Zumspot) and it started working again.  One BM server per network makes sense.  Just FYI....     Mark

Hmm, I've never seen that problem.  All of my hotspots, instances of DVSwitch, etc connect to the same BM master.  But each one has a different 2 digit suffix on its login ID.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com

Brent Harding

I wonder if they have finally cracked down on all the non-RF modes of getting on? I got a similar issue, but I’ve found it to only happen on group 3100. What happens is that you might get the first transmission, if you are lucky enough to tune in on one, but then they will stop sending traffic to you. Some others on another system I frequent were talking about this the other night. I can still get group 91, Quadnet 31012, or most anything else I’ve tried without issues. If there is something like this going on, how do they identify DVSwitch as opposed to a Pistar or Openspot, or even Dudestar for that matter? Is there a user agent string similar to what our browsers use that MMDVM_Bridge would send to any master we connect to? I suppose losing one talk group stinks, but if they roll this new thing network wide, that will be a hard one.