Allstar issue using DVSwitch

John

Hello, I have a problem with DVSwitch when using Allstar, everything is configured as am able to receive incoming transmissions when I connect to a node e.g. 41522 using command *241522 followed by SEND, but when I transmit nothing heard other end. My allstar node is bridged with Echolink Repeater and am able to Tx and Rx to myself when not connected to a node,  I can however Tx and Rx to a connected Allstar node via Echolink, why can't I Tx directly from Allstar? Any advice appreciated please. Thanks, John

Steve N4IRS

Use *341522

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of John-EA5JAV <ambrosj@...>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2022 2:27:19 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Allstar issue using DVSwitch

Hello, I have a problem with DVSwitch when using Allstar, everything is configured as am able to receive incoming transmissions when I connect to a node e.g. 41522 using command *241522 followed by SEND, but when I transmit nothing heard other end. My allstar node is bridged with Echolink Repeater and am able to Tx and Rx to myself when not connected to a node,  I can however Tx and Rx to a connected Allstar node via Echolink, why can't I Tx directly from Allstar? Any advice appreciated please. Thanks, John

John

Thanks Steve will try that, I was using the predefined talk groups when long pressing B which are prefixed with a *2

IK7VXC Mike

I too noticed that when using the predefined talk groups, when I long press B they are prefixed with *2 instead of *3. I wonder why.

Mike IK7VXC

Steve N4IRS

Safety is the reason. *2 puts you in receive only, no accidental transmit.

On 1/17/22 5:03 PM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
I too noticed that when using the predefined talk groups, when I long press B they are prefixed with *2 instead of *3. I wonder why.

Mike IK7VXC

Patrick Perdue

This is how I've been connecting with DTMF for years. Then I do a *30 when I know I actually want to talk. That way, I don't blast telemetry and make a bunch of unnecessary noise just by showing up. I think this is much less of an issue if you're using something like DVSwitch, but it sure does prevent accidental keying.

On 1/17/2022 5:03 PM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:

Mike IK7VXC

John

Thank you all, very informative group, will try *3 this morning as suggested in all your threads. John

John

All Okay now, thanks for letting me know about the *3

All noted now :)