Allstarlink dvswitch raspberry pi 3 b+

Dennis Ramos

Hi i get stuck because some of the commands are not working. maybe someone can help me to figure out how to make it work. i am trying to install asl dmr bridge on raspberry pi 3 B+
and i not that expert, im just trying to follow those step by step instructions. many thanks in advance... 73

Ken KE2N

looks like you are starting with the hamvoip version of all star.
this is the wrong starting point.
you need to start with ASL http://dvswitch.org/files/ASL_Images/Raspberry_Pi/Stretch/

Mike KB8JNM

The instructions are the same as a pc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eN50Csr29eAprBu7eKA0Bfa2XUcsXw5iktY1Ey-Qjkg/edit

But if this was a fresh pi image, you need to do this first...

http://dvswitch.org/files/ASL_Images/Raspberry_Pi/Stretch/ASL_1.01-20180228-armhf-raspbian-stretch-image.readme

If you did not, you might want to start with a fresh image.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 07/22/2018 04:54 AM, m0tfg@... wrote:
Hi i get stuck because some of the commands are not working. maybe someone can help me to figure out how to make it work. i am trying to install asl dmr bridge on raspberry pi 3 B+
and i not that expert, im just trying to follow those step by step instructions. many thanks in advance... 73

Dennis Ramos

Does raspberry pi 3 B+ have enough computing power to be a hub/bridge that can handle 20 to 50 connected nodes?

Thanks very much guys for your support

73

Dennis

Mike KB8JNM

Nobody knows for sure what the limit is but i think you are over hopeful on that many streams.
Many things dependent in other things running in memory.
I would not 'count-on' more than 12 streams.

... Mike/kb8jnm

Mike / Sent While Mobile

On Jul 28, 2018, at 3:20 PM, m0tfg@... wrote:

Does raspberry pi 3 B+ have enough computing power to be a hub/bridge that can handle 20 to 50 connected nodes?

Thanks very much guys for your support

73

Dennis

Steve N4IRS

Dennis,
I can't directly answer your question, I think it would be worth a try. I can point you to this interesting article. https://medium.com/@ghalfacree/benchmarking-the-raspberry-pi-3-b-plus-44122cf3d806
Notice the changes in the networking.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 07/28/2018 03:20 PM, m0tfg@... wrote:
Does raspberry pi 3 B+ have enough computing power to be a hub/bridge that can handle 20 to 50 connected nodes?

Thanks very much guys for your support

73

Dennis

Dennis Ramos

Thanks for the reply Steve. I remember before computing power of an asterisk is based on a concurrent calls.

Anyway I just wonder if it is possible to have more than one dmr talkgroup or other digital mode by having additional node that link to those additional tg.

Furthermore, by disabling the macro *31999, manually connect(dtmf) the main node to node1, node2, node3 and so on.

73

Dennis

On 07/29/2018 06:20 PM, Dennis Ramos wrote:
Thanks for the reply Steve. I remember before computing power of an asterisk is based on a concurrent calls.

Anyway I just wonder if it is possible to have more than one dmr talkgroup or other digital mode by having additional node that link to those additional tg.
Yes, it can be done that way.

Furthermore, by disabling the macro *31999, manually connect(dtmf) the main node to node1, node2, node3 and so on.
Sure.

73

Dennis

On 29 July 2018 22:31:57 BST, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Dennis,
I can't directly answer your question, I think it would be worth a try. I can point you to this interesting article. https://medium.com/@ghalfacree/benchmarking-the-raspberry-pi-3-b-plus-44122cf3d806
Notice the changes in the networking.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 07/28/2018 03:20 PM, m0tfg@... wrote:
Does raspberry pi 3 B+ have enough computing power to be a hub/bridge that can handle 20 to 50 connected nodes?

Thanks very much guys for your support

73

Dennis

Dennis Ramos

In fact, nodes can be link together by sending them in a conference.

Just a thought

Best regards

Dennis/ m0tfg

On 29 July 2018 23:22:41 BST, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

[...]