#analog_bridge Analogue Audio to DMR #analog_bridge

M0JDN

Hi Guys,

trying to get a link to work between a dmr network and allstar. I don't think it matters which network this is for the moment.

I am running allstar hamvoip and have all the modules installed to make this work. I can get everything to work to and from DMR and back again. However, I have a weird thing. The audio without the emulator is rather poor and sounds bery robotic. I know DMR has this sound. If I enable the md380-emu then I get a nicer audio but it does seem to do a strange thing. After a few seconds the audio (if there is any background noise) goes quiet and the audio sounds as though it is running through some sort of noise gate. I can't figure out why this would be happening and whether there is another version of the emulator I need to use?

This issue doesn't appear to happen with the emulator disabled but the audio isn't quite as nice.

Not sure if anyone else has had such an issue and whether it is something enabled elsewhere.

Josh

Steve N4IRS

Josh,
Some of what you describe, can be attributed to audio levels. I suggest you reduce the audio level in one direction at a time. See <https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/wiki/8463>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 3/15/2022 12:13 PM, j0shuk@... wrote:
[...]

I will give this a try.

Though, I think I have made a number of adjustments before and not managed to get this to work.

I would say that I can hear a noisy signal on the DMR talkgroup for about 2 seconds and then the audio goes quiet but only the voice part comes through. This wouldn't be an issue if the audio that came through was decent. I don't know if there is an algorythm that makes this happen or it is particular to my install.