arm64(aarch64) installation from repo on ISP internet router

neophile76@...

Hello, I'm trying to install asl and dvswitch on my french ISP router who have capability to embed VM's for homebrew application.
The architecture supported is the arm64 (aarch64)
I installed a fresh Debian Buster and it work perfectly as no gui base linux.

Then I tried to deploy debian package frome DVSwitch repo by using the automated script :
new-install-dvswitch-repository

An apt update;apt install allstar;

When I try to launch 'sudo asterisk -r' I get unable to execute /usr/sbin/asterisk: No such file or directory

a 'ldd /usr/sbin/asterisk'  return me "not a dynamic executable"

I think the allstar-asterisk_1.1-20201231-1_arm64.deb package  does not contain arm64 binary.

for other dvswitch packages, it work right (mmdvm, etc)

Any idea ?

Steve N4IRS

AllStar does not work for ARM64. The package was a test that did not get deleted. I do not know if we are going to be able to provide a ARM64 version of AllStar.
Sorry for the confusion.

Steve N4IRS

On 11/19/22 06:57, neophile76@... wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to install asl and dvswitch on my french ISP router who have capability to embed VM's for homebrew application.
The architecture supported is the arm64 (aarch64)
I installed a fresh Debian Buster and it work perfectly as no gui base linux.

Then I tried to deploy debian package frome DVSwitch repo by using the automated script :
new-install-dvswitch-repository

An apt update;apt install allstar;

When I try to launch 'sudo asterisk -r' I get unable to execute /usr/sbin/asterisk: No such file or directory

a 'ldd /usr/sbin/asterisk'  return me "not a dynamic executable"

I think the allstar-asterisk_1.1-20201231-1_arm64.deb package  does not contain arm64 binary.

for other dvswitch packages, it work right (mmdvm, etc)

Any idea ?

nh6bf

I just bought a Libre AML-D905X-CC Pi-3 look a like to play with...($40).  It uses the words, "ARM" and "64-bit," in the ad, so I "assumed" it was "ARM64."  Also. the only operating system I could get working was Armbian64.  Logical???  Guess not!  I could not get any of the images (Allstar/Dvswitch/Hvoip) to boot on it.  (Ubuntu 22.04 or Raspian 11 would not boot).  Just playing at this point!  So, my question???  What is ARM64 with respect to this post???

Steve N4IRS

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking why AllStar/DvSwitch/HVoip images do not boot on your board?

On 11/19/22 10:50, nh6bf via groups.io wrote:

I just bought a Libre AML-D905X-CC Pi-3 look a like to play with...($40).  It uses the words, "ARM" and "64-bit," in the ad, so I "assumed" it was "ARM64."  Also. the only operating system I could get working was Armbian64.  Logical???  Guess not!  I could not get any of the images (Allstar/Dvswitch/Hvoip) to boot on it.  (Ubuntu 22.04 or Raspian 11 would not boot).  Just playing at this point!  So, my question???  What is ARM64 with respect to this post???

neophile76@...

Hello Steve,
Thanks for your answer.

I passed the journey to try to deal build asterisk to run on arm64 (aarch64 the same) and success to do it.

First , I find a fork of asl-asterisk work with the architecture configure  :  https://github.com/encbar5/ASL-Asterisk.git  on branch: update_guess_scripts

I used the dvswitch allstar-dahdi packages to build the dkms kernel module and install sources for includes, thats worked, I get /dev/dahdi ...

Once configure asterisk works properly(after some dependencies missing all available on debian repo) , I tried make...
I get few time the same error about ioperm() and missing /sys/io.h . Ok , this low level deprecated IO Port is not implemented on arm64 architecture

After few attempts to change the code , I  finally find a solution on the web that consist to use a fake io.h (see in attachment) . I placed it on /usr/local/include/sys/io.h to not interact with the debian install. This fake the ioperm and other functions.

Finally the build success and asterisk works. I'm not sure if that solution works with real hardware behind on serial or usb port (due to I/O ports perms faking)

73 Gianni F4IKZ

Steve N4IRS

Gianni,
Thanks, I saw that. I have not tried it yet.

Steve

On 11/19/22 15:45, neophile76@... wrote:

[...]

73 F4IKZ

Steve N4IRS

One of the reasons I'm considering not supporting a version of AllStar is that we are releasing IAX_Bridge. Depending on the use case, IAX_Bridge will be far easier to port to a new architecture.

[...]

Well, those images are obviously not compatible with the Le Potato.... I did get Armbian64 to boot up and run on the Potato.  I even installed DVswitch as per the linux install directions.  Monit shows all OK, but the Dashboard shows only the top of the dashboard:  I am going to try a debian version next!!!

Edited

Steve,

People are buying these Quadra ARM64 computers for $30. https://www.inovato.com/

I'd help you where I can build and host on our repo a 64 bit ASL beta6 if you're interested in doing a build one more time.

Steve N4IRS

Just what I need, yet another SBC. And a H6 at that. Well, why not....

On 11/20/22 11:46, Tim WD6AWP via groups.io wrote:

People are buying these Quadra ARM64 computers for $30. https://www.inovato.com/

I'd help you where I can build and host on our repo a 64 bit ASL beta6 if you're interested in doing a build one more time.

tonydelta5@...

https://distro.libre.computer/ci/ra
Raspbian Bullseye 11
http://kp4bw.ddns.net:8875/

nh6bf

Downloading it now... any modifications during install of Pi or DVS???

Steve N4IRS

Downloading what?