ASl <>AB<>MB<>DMR

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

I have a question for the group:

I am updating my ASL to DMR raspberry Pi to a beta version from Downloads.allstarlink.org.

In my old configuration I had a private node of 1999. I see there has  been discussion of private nodes recently. Do you need one anymore. A friend who has ASL<>AB<>MB Shared with me his rpt.conf and it does not use a private node. Is there a purpose for a private node? This is my second install as I could not get ASL to talk to AB. Obviously the partners have been upgraded and things do look a little different. I am using md380-emu and not a DV3000. Any help would be appreciated. Stayed up late last night working on it, but started from scratch this morning.

Steve

K4KSA

Steve N4IRS

Steve,
No, you do not HAVE to use a private node number for the bridge. In a up and running AllStar node, the public node may be connected to a radio, there you would need a node number for the bridge.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/14/21 12:53 PM, Steve Siesel [K4KSA] wrote:

I have a question for the group:

I am updating my ASL to DMR raspberry Pi to a beta version from Downloads.allstarlink.org.

In my old configuration I had a private node of 1999. I see there has  been discussion of private nodes recently. Do you need one anymore. A friend who has ASL<>AB<>MB Shared with me his rpt.conf and it does not use a private node. Is there a purpose for a private node? This is my second install as I could not get ASL to talk to AB. Obviously the partners have been upgraded and things do look a little different. I am using md380-emu and not a DV3000. Any help would be appreciated. Stayed up late last night working on it, but started from scratch this morning.

Steve

K4KSA

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

This would be a radio-less node with Mb connecting with Hblink on a different server… Still need another ASL Node in rpt.conf?

[...]

no, make sure you disable telemetry.