Topics

ASL <> D-Star

I just started a new project for a D-STAR to ASL bridge.
If anyone has done this before can you send me an example MMDVM_Bridge.ini?
if not can someone point me in the right direction? around the settings for network and ircdbb?

also, in the analog bridge ini does this look right?
; Information for xx_Bridges (Where xx is MMDVM, HB, IPSC)
[AMBE_AUDIO]
server = 127.0.0.1                      ; IP address of xx_Bridge.py
fromDMRPort = 32100                     ; AMBE frames from xx_Bridge (should match "toGatewayPort" in x$
toDMRPort = 32103                       ; AMBE frames from xx_Bridge (should match "fromGatewayPort" in$
ambeMode = DSTAR                        ; DMR, DMR_IPSC, DSTAR, NXDN, P25, YSFN, YSFW
minTxTimeMS = 2000                      ; Minimum time in MS for hang delay
gatewayDmrId = 3136665                  ; ID to use when transmitting from Analog_Bridge
repeaterID = 313666508                  ; ID of source repeater
txTg = XRF749D                          ; TG to use for all frames received from Analog_Bridge -> xx_Br$
txTs = 2                                ; Slot to use for frames received from Analog_Bridge -> xx_Brid$
colorCode = 1                           ; Color Code to assign DMR frames

Steven Blackford

Hey Russel,

I run an additional DMR <->D-Star bridge on the Carolina Link on Tues/Sat nights.  Here’s the MMDVM.ini setup info for D-Star:

[D-Star Network]

Enable=1

GatewayAddress=192.168.0.250

GatewayPort=20010

LocalPort=20012

Debug=0

In the D-Star section, you need to point the GatewayAddress & GatewayPort to where you have your ircDDBGateway running.  In the above, I have one instance of ircDDBGateway running on a different PI2.  It’s where I have a DVAP setup.  It’s easy enough to have more than one “device” setup in ircDDBGateway.  In your ircDDBGateway you need to point your module to where the “new device” is running so here’s the section of ircDDBGateway:

repeaterCall2=

repeaterBand2=D

repeaterType2=0

repeaterAddress2=192.168.0.240

repeaterPort2=20012

reflector2=

atStartup2=0

reconnect2=0

frequency2=0.00000

offset2=0.0000

rangeKms2=0.000

I use “repeater 2” in ircDDBGateway for the additional bridge.   The bridge is ran on an ODroid C1 w/ the IP of 192.168.0.240.  ircDDBGateway is running on a PI2 w/ the IP of 192.168.0.250.  Make sense?  Hope that helps.  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 12:13 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] ASL <> D-Star

if not can someone point me in the right direction? around the settings for network and ircdbb?

[AMBE_AUDIO]

fromDMRPort = 32100                     ; AMBE frames from xx_Bridge (should match "toGatewayPort" in x$

toDMRPort = 32103                       ; AMBE frames from xx_Bridge (should match "fromGatewayPort" in$

ambeMode = DSTAR                        ; DMR, DMR_IPSC, DSTAR, NXDN, P25, YSFN, YSFW

gatewayDmrId = 3136665                  ; ID to use when transmitting from Analog_Bridge

txTg = XRF749D                          ; TG to use for all frames received from Analog_Bridge -> xx_Br$

txTs = 2                                ; Slot to use for frames received from Analog_Bridge -> xx_Brid$

well here's to my memory, i was trying to do this software only.
you need a hardware option for D-Star :(

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 11:43 AM Steven Blackford <kb7sqi@...> wrote:

Hey Russel,

I run an additional DMR <->D-Star bridge on the Carolina Link on Tues/Sat nights.  Here’s the MMDVM.ini setup info for D-Star:

[D-Star Network]

Enable=1

GatewayAddress=192.168.0.250

GatewayPort=20010

LocalPort=20012

Debug=0

In the D-Star section, you need to point the GatewayAddress & GatewayPort to where you have your ircDDBGateway running.  In the above, I have one instance of ircDDBGateway running on a different PI2.  It’s where I have a DVAP setup.  It’s easy enough to have more than one “device” setup in ircDDBGateway.  In your ircDDBGateway you need to point your module to where the “new device” is running so here’s the section of ircDDBGateway:

repeaterCall2=

repeaterBand2=D

repeaterType2=0

repeaterAddress2=192.168.0.240

repeaterPort2=20012

reflector2=

atStartup2=0

reconnect2=0

frequency2=0.00000

offset2=0.0000

rangeKms2=0.000

I use “repeater 2” in ircDDBGateway for the additional bridge.   The bridge is ran on an ODroid C1 w/ the IP of 192.168.0.240.  ircDDBGateway is running on a PI2 w/ the IP of 192.168.0.250.  Make sense?  Hope that helps.  73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 12:13 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io
Subject: [DVSwitch] ASL <> D-Star

[AMBE_AUDIO]

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

AB can use a software codec which has somewhat limited quality but will allow you to configure and test.