ASL>DStar dummy repeater crashing

G7RPG - Peter Kendall

Hi I wonder if anyone who is using dummy repeater to link to allstar has
a problem where dstar > asl stops working randomly sometimes an hour
sometimes a day or so. ASL > dstar is never a problem.

Restarting dummy repeater fixes the problem.

I've tried this on a VM and Rpi and get the same results.

73
Peter
G7RPG

Steven Blackford

Hi Peter,
  ASL<->D-Star is rock solid for me.    It's been running currently for several weeks without a reboot or restart.  When I had my node setup to bridge over to DMR, i had an issue with the DMR->ASL going to sleep until someone keyed up on ASL.  Then it would start working again.  On your PI are you running the new ASL software or are you running the HamVOIP software?  What hardware are you using to do the transcoding?    I'm currently using a PiDV, but have used an original Blue DV-Dongle & a ThumbDV as well.   73 de K4SQI!

Steve, K4SQI

--
-----
Steve, kb7sqi@...

G7RPG - Peter Kendall

Hi Steve,

I'm running ASL on x68 debian on an esx vm, likewise I've got an x68 vm debian box that I've tried running dummy repeater on. I've got a couple of ambe devices NWDR Thumb DV and a DV-MEGA ambe300+carrier board makes no difference.

I tried running dummy repeater and ircddbgateway on a Pi and again the same thing happens.

My ASL > DMR is rock solid!

73

Peter

On 02/04/18 21:29, Steven Blackford wrote:
[...]

Hey Peter,
   Sounds like we need to compare notes then. :-)  I've sent you an email off list.  I'd be happy to try to help you get the ASL<->D-Star side working if I can.  Just a quick question.  Are you using an AMBEserver in the mix or are you going directly to the AMBE device with DummyRepeater?  73 de K4SQI.

Steve, K4SQI

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 4:46 PM, G7RPG - Peter Kendall <g7rpg@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve N4IRS

DummyRepeater is not long for this world. We will be replacing it wit a simpler lighter solution. See my post a few weeks ago.

Steve

On 04/02/2018 04:46 PM, G7RPG - Peter Kendall wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Steve. I'll sit tight for a bit.

73

Peter