Topics

ASL playback and morse distorted when bridge is running

Steve N4IRS

Let me see if I understand this.
You have a public node connected to a radio / repeater.
You have a private node setup for DMR.
Public node is NOT connected private node.
Morse, telemetry tones and audio files distorted audio as heard out the radio transmitter.
Kill any of the bridge program, audio on radio clears up.

Hardware or software Vocoder?
Do you kill a DVSwith program or restart the program?
CPU usage as reported high?

Steve N4IRS

On 12/4/18 2:55 AM, va3dxv wrote:
Hi folks,

I have ASL running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 3B at two sites. Both running DVSwitch for DMR on a private node.

I've started noticing choppy/distorted sounding morse ID's and audio file playback. To the point where an 800hz morse tone sounds like a buzz, not a tone.

This happens whether the private node is connected to the main node or not. ASL audio over the network seems to still be OK.

I've found that when I kill any one of the bridge or md380emu processes, the audio immediately clears up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you

Corey Dean N3FE

Va3drv,

I have sent you a direct email without a response 2 days ago and also called you on the air.  You node is sending telemetry to 91 where it should not be used!

Please remove it from talkgroup 91.

Corey N3FE

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 5:34 AM va3dxv <va3dxv@...> wrote:
Hi folks,

I have ASL running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 3B at two sites. Both running DVSwitch for DMR on a private node.

I've started noticing choppy/distorted sounding morse ID's and audio file playback. To the point where an 800hz morse tone sounds like a buzz, not a tone.

This happens whether the private node is connected to the main node or not. ASL audio over the network seems to still be OK.

I've found that when I kill any one of the bridge or md380emu processes, the audio immediately clears up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you

va3dxv

Corey, could you please tell me what email address you used and where you got it? I'm concerned that I didn't receive the email. If there's an incorrect address published somewhere I'd like to rectify it so that i can be contacted in the event something is malfunctioning.

My apologies for the noise and annoyance, I disconnected from all TG's when I saw what was happening. After returning to that device just a few minutes ago, I've found out what caused it (https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/allstarlink/topic/dmr_on_the_fly_shell_script/28137868)

Corey Dean N3FE

I pulled the email address you used to register with in bm and sent the email from my personal address.

Corey