Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] ASL to DMR Bridge...audiuo quality

Have toy listened to the analog audio on another analog node or IAXRPT etc?
You can control the audio levels in Analog_bridge.ini In the [USRP] stanza,setting aslAudio and dmrAudio to AUDIO_UNITY will keep provide no gain or reduction.

If you need to adjust the DMR -> ASL audio, change:
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

agcGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as AUDIO_UNITY

agcGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as AUDIO_UNITY

agcGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as
AUDIO_UNITY

If you need to adjust the ASL -> DMR audio, change:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN

dmrGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as AUDIO_UNITY

dmrGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as AUDIO_UNITY

dmrGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as AUDIO_UNITY

On 11/16/18 4:42 PM, Neil k8it wrote:
running half duplex no emphasis using default settings for node 1999 but I have tunned my private  node which I can make public if needed.. I also can provide ssh login if needed off list
what audio params should I play with, and is the best way to do it.
currently on t/g 3126

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK

Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 4:09 PM

How are you connected to the receiver? Pre-emphasised or de-emphasised? Are you running simplex or duplex? If duplex how does the audio sound out the analog transmitter? If simplex, is it a public node that can connect to another node for a audio report?
If all that is good, look at your audio levels from analog to digital.

Steve N4IRS

On 11/16/18 4:02 PM, Neil k8it wrote:
I got the analog bridge to work now. I am now trying to improve the audio quality of the audio sent to DMR.
I correctly am using USBRADIO for my private Allstar node with audio that sounds very compressed.
Would I be better off to switch to SIMPLEUSB?
Is there any tricks to getting more audio bandwidth?

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK

Steve N4IRS

I assume you mean group call. Try TG 31000 for parrot.

On 11/18/18 6:00 PM, Neil k8it wrote:
how do I set the dmr tg to the parrot like 9990 private call
seems like the  analog bridge defsults to general

Thanks
73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK
Allstar Node 42087 KITLINK HUB