Topics

ASL to P25 bridge #analog_bridge


Steve N4IRS
 

Show me a clean P25Gateway startup

On 8/10/20 6:49 PM, Tom wrote:
Yes it is there in the downloaded P25Hosts.txt file


Tom
 

 
# 10888 Texas
10888 29520.asnode.org 41000


Tom
 

From Analog_Bridge.ini:
; Information for xx_Bridge (Where xx is MMDVM, Quantar, HB, IPSC)
[AMBE_AUDIO]
address = 127.0.0.1                     ; IP address of xx_Bridge
txPort = 34103
rxPort = 34100
ambeMode = P25                          ; DMR, DMR_IPSC, DSTAR, NXDN, P25, YSFN, YSFW (encode PCM to this format)
minTxTimeMS = 2500                      ; Minimum time in MS for hang delay (0-10000)
 
From DVSwitch.ini:
; Configure the P25 Partner
; Audio format is IMBE 88 bit
[P25]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 34100                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 34103                  ; Port to listen on (import)
Slot = 2                        ; Export slot
 


Steve N4IRS
 

Show me clean startup logs for your current Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge.

On 8/10/20 6:55 PM, Tom wrote:
From Analog_Bridge.ini:
; Information for xx_Bridge (Where xx is MMDVM, Quantar, HB, IPSC)
[AMBE_AUDIO]
address = 127.0.0.1                     ; IP address of xx_Bridge
txPort = 34103
rxPort = 34100
ambeMode = P25                          ; DMR, DMR_IPSC, DSTAR, NXDN, P25, YSFN, YSFW (encode PCM to this format)
minTxTimeMS = 2500                      ; Minimum time in MS for hang delay (0-10000)
 
From DVSwitch.ini:
; Configure the P25 Partner
; Audio format is IMBE 88 bit
[P25]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 34100                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 34103                  ; Port to listen on (import)
Slot = 2                        ; Export slot
 


Tom
 

Attached


Steve N4IRS
 

We can work on the gateway after fixing AB <-> MB

On 8/10/20 6:59 PM, Tom wrote:
Attached


Tom
 

'Should have waited a bit. This shows the timeout in connecting to 10888.


Tom
 

OK with me.


Steve N4IRS
 

Show me clean startup logs for your current Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge.


On 8/10/20 7:04 PM, Tom wrote:
OK with me.


Tom
 

Attached


Steve N4IRS
 

OK,
I need to see the traffic from ASL to AB to MB.

On 8/10/20 7:10 PM, Tom wrote:
Attached


Tom
 

I can show you AB log activity. How would you like to see MB activity?


Steve N4IRS
 

Same way, tail the AB and the MB log at the same time.

On 8/10/20 7:16 PM, Tom wrote:
I can show you AB log activity. How would you like to see MB activity?


Tom
 

Here's the AB log:
root@P25reflector:/var/log/dvswitch # tail Analog_Bridge.log 
M: 2020-08-10 23:16:48.838 PTT on
M: 2020-08-10 23:16:49.457 PTT off (keyed for 619 ms)
M: 2020-08-10 23:16:52.657 PTT on
M: 2020-08-10 23:17:00.249 PTT off (keyed for 7592 ms)
M: 2020-08-10 23:17:04.437 PTT on
M: 2020-08-10 23:17:05.041 PTT off (keyed for 604 ms)
M: 2020-08-10 23:17:11.037 PTT on
M: 2020-08-10 23:17:11.617 PTT off (keyed for 580 ms)
M: 2020-08-10 23:17:13.277 PTT on
M: 2020-08-10 23:17:18.407 PTT off (keyed for 5130 ms)


Tom
 

Here's the MB log (nothing changes):
root@P25reflector:/var/log/mmdvm # tail MMDVM_Bridge-2020-08-10.log 
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875 Loaded 169853 Ids to the DMR callsign lookup table
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875 P25 RF Parameters
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875 Started the DMR Id lookup reload thread
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     Id: 3148777
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     NAC: $293
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     UID Override: no
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     Self Only: no
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     Remote Gateway: no
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     Mode Hang: 10s
M: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875 MMDVM_Bridge-20200309_V1.5.1 is running


Steve N4IRS
 

Show me the output of netstat -unap

On 8/10/20 7:19 PM, Tom wrote:
Here's the MB log (nothing changes):
root@P25reflector:/var/log/mmdvm # tail MMDVM_Bridge-2020-08-10.log 
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875 Loaded 169853 Ids to the DMR callsign lookup table
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875 P25 RF Parameters
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875 Started the DMR Id lookup reload thread
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     Id: 3148777
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     NAC: $293
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     UID Override: no
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     Self Only: no
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     Remote Gateway: no
I: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875     Mode Hang: 10s
M: 2020-08-10 23:08:17.875 MMDVM_Bridge-20200309_V1.5.1 is running


Tom
 

root@P25reflector:/var/log/mmdvm # netstat -unap
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:34001           0.0.0.0:*                           6137/Analog_Bridge  
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*                           297/avahi-daemon: r 
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:32001         0.0.0.0:*                           538/asterisk        
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:34100           0.0.0.0:*                           6137/Analog_Bridge  
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2470            0.0.0.0:*                           858/md380-emu       
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:35275           0.0.0.0:*                           297/avahi-daemon: r 
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42010           0.0.0.0:*                           4569/P25Gateway     
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42011           0.0.0.0:*                           862/P25Parrot       
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42020           0.0.0.0:*                           4569/P25Gateway     
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:41000           0.0.0.0:*                           859/P25Reflector    
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:68              0.0.0.0:*                           535/dhcpcd          
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4180            0.0.0.0:*                           538/asterisk        
udp        0      0 192.168.0.188:123       0.0.0.0:*                           581/ntpd            
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:123           0.0.0.0:*                           581/ntpd            
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:123             0.0.0.0:*                           581/ntpd            
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:48782           0.0.0.0:*                           6137/Analog_Bridge  
udp6       0      0 :::5353                 :::*                                297/avahi-daemon: r 
udp6       0      0 :::33596                :::*                                297/avahi-daemon: r 
udp6       0      0 :::546                  :::*                                535/dhcpcd          
udp6       0      0 fe80::1209:cda7:e2e:123 :::*                                581/ntpd            
udp6       0      0 2605:a601:ab19:5300:123 :::*                                581/ntpd            
udp6       0      0 ::1:123                 :::*                                581/ntpd            
udp6       0      0 :::123                  :::*                                581/ntpd            


Steve N4IRS
 

[P25 Network]
Enable=0 <--------------------------------- Enable this
GatewayAddress=127.0.0.1
GatewayPort=42020
LocalPort=32010
Debug=0

On 8/10/20 7:22 PM, Tom wrote:
root@P25reflector:/var/log/mmdvm # netstat -unap
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:34001           0.0.0.0:*                           6137/Analog_Bridge  
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*                           297/avahi-daemon: r 
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:32001         0.0.0.0:*                           538/asterisk        
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:34100           0.0.0.0:*                           6137/Analog_Bridge  
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:2470            0.0.0.0:*                           858/md380-emu       
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:35275           0.0.0.0:*                           297/avahi-daemon: r 
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42010           0.0.0.0:*                           4569/P25Gateway     
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42011           0.0.0.0:*                           862/P25Parrot       
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:42020           0.0.0.0:*                           4569/P25Gateway     
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:41000           0.0.0.0:*                           859/P25Reflector    
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:68              0.0.0.0:*                           535/dhcpcd          
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4180            0.0.0.0:*                           538/asterisk        
udp        0      0 192.168.0.188:123       0.0.0.0:*                           581/ntpd            
udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:123           0.0.0.0:*                           581/ntpd            
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:123             0.0.0.0:*                           581/ntpd            
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:48782           0.0.0.0:*                           6137/Analog_Bridge  
udp6       0      0 :::5353                 :::*                                297/avahi-daemon: r 
udp6       0      0 :::33596                :::*                                297/avahi-daemon: r 
udp6       0      0 :::546                  :::*                                535/dhcpcd          
udp6       0      0 fe80::1209:cda7:e2e:123 :::*                                581/ntpd            
udp6       0      0 2605:a601:ab19:5300:123 :::*                                581/ntpd            
udp6       0      0 ::1:123                 :::*                                581/ntpd            
udp6       0      0 :::123                  :::*                                581/ntpd            


Tom
 

It WAS enabled in [P25],  but not in [P25 Network] in same file.

I'll try a restart.


Steve N4IRS
 

It needs to be enabled in both places.

On 8/10/20 7:34 PM, Tom wrote:
It WAS enabled in [P25],  but not in [P25 Network] in same file.

I'll try a restart.