Topics

Audio stream of DMR talkgroup.

K3CHB

Hello, I am trying to set up an audio stream of our DMR talk group for the internet, does anyone have any information on this?

I am thinking this can be done with Analog_Bridge.

Thanks alot

Jimmy
K3CHB

Steve N4IRS

Jimmy,
I do it with MMDVM_Bridge -> Analog_Bridge -> AllStar -> broadcastify.

I don't see why it could not be done with MMDVM_Bridge -> Analog_Bridge -> USRP_Audio -> Broadcastify.
It would be a matter of understanding how the analog audio is process in ASL to send it to Broadcastify:
outstreamcmd = /bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml
it is like this:
MMDVM_Bridge -> Analog_Bridge -> USRP_Audio -> lame -> ezstream -> Broadcastify.

Hope this helps,
73, Steve N4IRS

On 4/22/2019 11:59 AM, Jimmy Capizzi wrote:
Hello, I am trying to set up an audio stream of our DMR talk group for the internet, does anyone have any information on this?

I am thinking this can be done with Analog_Bridge.

Thanks alot

Jimmy
K3CHB

Steve N4IRS

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

You wouldn't even need to setup a public node if you didn't want to to use ASL. Set it up as a private node on your server and then viola.....no one could connect to the ASL node, but you would than have a dedicated audio stream and wouldn't even need to try to reconfigure AB or MMDVM to make it happen.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 12:47 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
See:
https://wiki.allstarlink.org/wiki/Broadcastify

--
Jeff Lehman, KC8QCH
E-mail: kc8qch@...

Webmaster
Hamilton County ARPSC
http://www.hamcoarpsc.org
E-mail: hamcoarpsc@...
Phone: 513-452-6480

Multimode System Administrator
World Wide Amateur Radio Guild
https://hamradiohub.com/
E-Mail: kc8qch@...

K3CHB

thanks guys!

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 1:08 PM Jeff Lehman, KC8QCH <kc8qch@...> wrote:
[...]

Alexander DC5AJ

I would like to try it without ASL, something like: MMDVM_Bridge -> Analog_Bridge -> USRP_Audio ->Lame ->Ezstream . Can't figgure out a working solution, what is the best way to feed the audio from USRP_Audio into lame or oggenc ?

Alex
DC5AJ

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Edited

I would modify USRP_Audio to print the PCM values to either stdout or a named pipe and then you should be able to use the Lame encoder just as ASL does.

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

All,

I currently run ASL<>DMR in a Raspberry Pi that Includes ASL <>Analog Bridge<> MMDVM Bridge. Can I add another Private node in my existing ASL (Maybe 1998), and then add a second instance of Analog Bridge and MMDVM Bridge then install Lame and ezstream to send a DMR talk group to Broadcastify?  Does that sound like the best way?

Steve
K4KSA

JJ Cummings

Yes you can do that, the ports just have to be unique for the audio channels.

Sent from the iRoad

On Aug 12, 2020, at 17:30, Steve Siesel [K4KSA] <steve@...> wrote:

All,

I currently run ASL<>DMR in a Raspberry Pi that Includes ASL <>Analog Bridge<> MMDVM Bridge. Can I add another Private node in my existing ASL (Maybe 1998), and then add a second instance of Analog Bridge and MMDVM Bridge then install Lame and ezstream to send a DMR talk group to Broadcastify?  Does that sound like the best way?

Steve
K4KSA

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

Thanks,

What is the apt-get command to install dvswitch as a second instance? To place it in a directory where I want it?

Steve N4IRS

Steve,
You can't (don't need to) use apt-get.
You just need to copy the file/directory.
For example to copy the whole Analog_Bridge directory:
cd /opt
cp -rf Analog_Bridge Analog_Bridge2
Do the same for MMDVM_Bridge and md380-emu.
As JJ said, you are going to need to use different ports.

Steve

On 8/12/20 8:17 PM, Steve Siesel [K4KSA] wrote:
Thanks,

What is the apt-get command to install dvswitch as a second instance? To place it in a directory where I want it?

Steve Siesel [K4KSA]

I've got everything ready to go, however I have one more question

I could not find a filepath= in Analog_Bridge to set a separate and different path for the second instance of Analog Bridge. Is there a way to send the log to a different location?

Steve N4IRS

AB log path is set in the environment. Normally set by the systemd unit file. You can do that by:
AnalogBridgeLogDir=/var/log/dvswitch ; Analog_Bridge Analog_bridge.ini