Brandmeister block DVSwitch

R. H.

Hi there.
Since Yesterday, my DWSwitch is disabled from Brandmeister (master1.bm262.de)
Brandmeister Team is missing the Open Bridge Protocoll and cut off all DVSWitches as long DVSwitch is not support the Open Bridge Protocoll

Is there any solution planned to implement that Protocol ?

Pierre Martel

Just ask them to make an open bridge connection available to you. 

Le mar. 9 févr. 2021 à 01:42, <ruediger.h@...> a écrit :
Hi there.
Brandmeister Team is missing the Open Bridge Protocoll and cut off all DVSWitches as long DVSwitch is not support the Open Bridge Protocoll

R. H.

BM Team want that the open bridge protocoll will be implemeted in DVSwitch.
Otherwise they leave the door closed

Peter M0NWI

Why are you not using Open Bridge then? I'm sure Cort built this into HBLink3?

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of ruediger.h@... <ruediger.h@...>
Sent: 09 February 2021 06:42
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Brandmeister block DVSwitch

Hi there.

R. H.

Sorry ... little Mistake ... open terminal protocol is that was Brandmeister want

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android

Pierre Martel

https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/Open_DMR_Terminal_Protocol

But still if you ask for an open bridge link you will have it. 

Is that so complicated? Unless you are doing something that is not wanted by the BM group, why try to hide behind a fake repeater connection?

I am doing a link to Brandmeister Canada to Allstarlink and Hamshack Hotline right now, I will follow the rules and on HH I asked for an HHX link (experimental) on Allstarlink they don't have rules to prevent linking to other networks that I know of, So I only requested a Node number and properly identified it. And on Brandmeister I talked to the admin on the Canadian server and he agreed to my project.  Took a whole 30 minute total to deal with this if all the action was put back to back. 

Not a lot of red tape imho. 

If there are rules like that it is because some users don't know what they are doing and create loops between networks. And that causes problems to the stability of the nets. BM is only protecting the networks they worked hard to put in place. 

Pierre
VE2PF

Le mar. 9 févr. 2021 à 16:05, R. H. <ruediger.h@...> a écrit :
Sorry ... little Mistake ... open terminal protocol is that was Brandmeister want

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

Well if you are linking to Hamshack Hotline, you already messed it up. 

You need to request an RF-Link extension, not an experimental extension. 

Just as a side note…..

Jeff

On Feb 9, 2021, at 5:11 PM, Pierre Martel <petem001@...> wrote:

Is that so complicated? Unless you are doing something that is not wanted by the BM group, why try to hide behind a fake repeater connection?

I am doing a link to Brandmeister Canada to Allstarlink and Hamshack Hotline right now, I will follow the rules and on HH I asked for an HHX link (experimental) on Allstarlink they don't have rules to prevent linking to other networks that I know of, So I only requested a Node number and properly identified it. And on Brandmeister I talked to the admin on the Canadian server and he agreed to my project.  Took a whole 30 minute total to deal with this if all the action was put back to back. 

If there are rules like that it is because some users don't know what they are doing and create loops between networks. And that causes problems to the stability of the nets. BM is only protecting the networks they worked hard to put in place. 

Pierre
VE2PF

Steve N4IRS

It is not a FAKE repeater connection. It is a MMDVM connection. I've made my feelings clear on the subject and as I've said, we will be supporting ODMRTP in the near future for single user configurations. For multi-user bridges we will continue as we are. If someone needs to add a instance of HB3 between MB and BM, so be it. I will post this again.

If you are connecting to BM, make sure your RX and TX frequency are set to a single frequency.

This is the default:
[Info]
RXFrequency=222340000
TXFrequency=224940000

Change it to:
[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Steve N4IRS

On 2/9/21 5:11 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:

Pierre
VE2PF

Pierre Martel

Steve, 
I am with you on this, but the BM team see the MMDVM protocol as a repeater or hotspot client, not as a multilink system. 
And when you put a frequency that is not really in use, for them you are faking it. 

I also don't like all this politics. but I am just a small admin of a small server.. 

Le mar. 9 févr. 2021 à 17:52, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> a écrit :
It is not a FAKE repeater connection. It is a MMDVM connection. I've made my feelings clear on the subject and as I've said, we will be supporting ODMRTP in the near future for single user configurations. For multi-user bridges we will continue as we are. If someone needs to add a instance of HB3 between MB and BM, so be it. I will post this again.

If you are connecting to BM, make sure your RX and TX frequency are set to a single frequency.

This is the default:
[Info]
RXFrequency=222340000
TXFrequency=224940000

Change it to:
[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Steve N4IRS

Pierre
VE2PF

Pierre Martel

Thanks Jeff, 

I will be looking into this. I must have not read the right info..

Talking about our projects is always helping get them right.

Le mar. 9 févr. 2021 à 17:15, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via groups.io <n8acl=icloud.com@groups.io> a écrit :
Well if you are linking to Hamshack Hotline, you already messed it up. 

You need to request an RF-Link extension, not an experimental extension. 

Just as a side note…..

Jeff

On Feb 9, 2021, at 5:11 PM, Pierre Martel <petem001@...> wrote:

Pierre
VE2PF

Steve N4IRS

I don't see where the multilink come into play. As far as frequency, unless it's a hotspot, the frequencies are not used. The only reason the frequencies need to be adjusted is that BM is leveraging the frequencies selected to protect from a misconfigured hotspot. We are providing the data the protocol needs in the format it expects it in. There is nothing fake about it. I don't like the politics either but I deal in the real world where politics play a part. 

On 2/9/21 8:46 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:
Steve, 
I am with you on this, but the BM team see the MMDVM protocol as a repeater or hotspot client, not as a multilink system. 
And when you put a frequency that is not really in use, for them you are faking it. 

I also don't like all this politics. but I am just a small admin of a small server.. 

This is the default:
[Info]
RXFrequency=222340000
TXFrequency=224940000

Change it to:
[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Steve N4IRS

Pierre
VE2PF

Pierre Martel

There is a saying, if you don't do politics, politics will do with you. :-) Catch 22... We are doomed to have some politics in our life.

Le mar. 9 févr. 2021 à 20:53, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> a écrit :
I don't see where the multilink come into play. As far as frequency, unless it's a hotspot, the frequencies are not used. The only reason the frequencies need to be adjusted is that BM is leveraging the frequencies selected to protect from a misconfigured hotspot. We are providing the data the protocol needs in the format it expects it in. There is nothing fake about it. I don't like the politics either but I deal in the real world where politics play a part. 

Steve, 

This is the default:
[Info]
RXFrequency=222340000
TXFrequency=224940000

Change it to:
[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Steve N4IRS

Pierre
VE2PF

Steve N4IRS

True, I don't like everything I have to do, but I sure do what it takes to help extend things. I think this thread has run it's course.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 2/9/21 9:07 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:
There is a saying, if you don't do politics, politics will do with you. :-) Catch 22... We are doomed to have some politics in our life.

Steve, 

This is the default:
[Info]
RXFrequency=222340000
TXFrequency=224940000

Change it to:
[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Steve N4IRS

Pierre
VE2PF

Pierre Martel

100% and BTW did I say thanks for all the great jobs you all doing here? if not, big thanks !!!!

Le mar. 9 févr. 2021 à 21:10, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> a écrit :
True, I don't like everything I have to do, but I sure do what it takes to help extend things. I think this thread has run it's course.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 2/9/21 9:07 PM, Pierre Martel wrote:

Steve, 

This is the default:
[Info]
RXFrequency=222340000
TXFrequency=224940000

Change it to:
[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Steve N4IRS

Pierre
VE2PF