Topics

BransMeister Self care password for a DVSwitch

Ted Lawrence

Hi folks!  I need help with DVSwitch edit. With the recent BrandMeister server security change, it broke our DVSwitch to DMR configuration.  What Stanza  do you insert the Self care BrandMeister  password for DVSwitch. Also, what is proper format needed in the line of code?

Thanks for you help!
Ted
KD4EG

Levi - YO5VLZ

Hello,

launch dvs, got to Tools Menu->Configure ini files -> 2. Edit MMDVM_Bridge.ini
There go to [DMR Network] block and edit Password. Put the clear text apssword you enterered into BM Self-Care

[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=Some Master server IP address
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=Put here your password from Self Care in clear text, if you entered in Self Care MyPassword1234 then you enter exactly that here

After that Ctrl+X, agree with saving, in the ini edit menu choose Cacne so that you go back to parent menu and choose 36 Restart DVSwitch Services
There is another way but that will force you to enter all the already entered info and chance for a frustating mistake in higher

73s,
Levi
YO5VLZ

@AndrewVK2HAC

you should use the Selfcare password you set up on BM for your USer ID.