Bridging XLX to BM DMR (New Way 2020) #mmdvm_bridge

Rudy N6DOZ

Edited

I ended up doing what Ernie Gm7kbk suggested, which is basically running the MB_BM through DMRGateway to change TG9 to my target TG.

BM <-> DMRGateway <-> MB_BM <-> MB_XLX <-> XLX

Works great! Now I have audio both ways.

Thanks everyone! 7-3

=== for reference  ===

DMRGateway

DMRGateway.ini

[General]
Timeout=10
# RFTimeout=10
# NetTimeout=7
RptAddress=127.0.0.1
RptPort=62052
LocalAddress=127.0.0.1
LocalPort=62051
RuleTrace=0
Daemon=0
Debug=0

# BrandMeister
[DMR Network 1]
Enabled=1
Name=BM
Address=3103.repeater.net     # 74.91.118.251 Change to the address for your Master
Port=62031
# Local=3352
# Local cluster
TGRewrite=1,9,1,9,1
# Reflector TG on to slot 2 TG9
# TGRewrite=2,9,2,9,1
TGRewrite=2,9,2,311620,1            # ROUTES TG9 to target TG on BM
# XLX TG 6 on to slot 2 BM TG12345 # Change 12345 to desired BM TG
# TGRewrite=2,6,2,12345,1
# Reflector control command slot 2 94000->4000 to 95000->5000
PCRewrite=2,94000,2,4000,1001
# Echo on RF slot 1 TG9990 to network slot 1 9990
TypeRewrite=1,9990,1,9990
SrcRewrite=1,9990,1,9990,1
# Reflector status returns
SrcRewrite=2,4000,2,9,1001
# Pass all of the other private traffic on slot 1 and slot 2
PassAllPC=1
PassAllPC=2
Password="passw0rd" # Make sure the password is passw0rd for BM
Location=1
Debug=0

MB_BM

MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[DMR]
Enable=1
ColorCode=1
EmbeddedLCOnly=1
DumpTAData=0

[DMR Network] ; to DMR
Enable=1
Address=127.0.0.1
Port=62051
Jitter=360
Local=62052
Password=passw0rd
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

DVSwitch.ini

[DMR]
Address = 127.0.0.1
TXPort = 32103
RXPort = 32100
Slot = 2
; Slot = 1

MB_XLX

MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[DMR]
Enable=1
ColorCode=1
EmbeddedLCOnly=1
DumpTAData=0

[DMR Network] ; to DMR
Enable=1
Address=45.77.186.5   # IP Address of XLX reflector
Port=62030
Jitter=360
#Local=62033
#Password=passw0rd
Password=PASSWORD
# for DMR+ see https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
# Options=
Options=XLX:4001    # Option for module A
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

DVSwitch.ini

[DMR]
Address = 127.0.0.1
TXPort = 32100
RXPort = 32103
Slot = 2
; Slot = 1

Eric-K6KWB

Rudy,
Also if you have a FCS you can do the same way by replacing DMRGateway to YSFGateway.

Bridging XLX I only use one instance of MB but I point to YSF reflector looks like this:
First instance:
XLX<->BM<->YSF   this is very efficient

To bridge BM -TG I also use one instance of MB and also point to YSF reflector.
Second instance:
BM-TG<->MB<->YSF

This is not a chain both instances run independently in one box. The downside is if you dont have YSF reflector then you go back to square one : (
73, Eric

Rudy N6DOZ

Edited

Eric,

Thanks for that.

I initially had this setup, but wanted the XLX and YSF to be independent if I wanted to switch one reflector to a different TG. The setup below, YSF is acting as the gateway to DMR?

BM-TG <->MB1<->YSF<->MB2<->XLX

Is that what you are talking about?

I wanted them to stand alone for the scenario below if necessary:

BM-TG-A<->MB1<->YSF

BM-TG-B<->DMRGateway<->MB<->MB<->XLX

However, I do understand my prior setup is more efficient.

Is there a more efficient way of achieving the scenario above?

Thanks again for getting back. 7-3

---

My next project is to get the FCS reflector bridged to DMR, since you mentioned FCS... I guess I can search and look for answers or start a new thread for that.

Eric-K6KWB

Rudy,
In this set up you will NOT use DMRGateway anymore.
BM-TG-A<->MB1<->YSF   >>>this one looks good!
the second one will be:
XLX<->MB2<->YSF   >>> both your instance will connect to YSF Ref. make sure to pay attention to the port.

Looks like this:
BM-TG??set on BM self care<->MB1<-.>YSF  That is done deal, make sure cross the port on DVSwitch.ini

(working Sample)

MB1
[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=3103.repeater.net
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
# for DMR+ see https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/blob/master/DOC/DMRplus_startup_options.md
# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009
# Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0

[System Fusion Network]
Enable=1
LocalAddress=127.0.0.1
LocalPort=0
GatewayAddress=point to your ysf reflector
GatewayPort=42000  >>port of your reflector
Debug=0

DVS.ini
[DMR]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 35103                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 35100                  ; Port to listen on (import)
Slot = 2

[YSF]
Address = 127.0.0.1             ; Address to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
TXPort = 35100                  ; Port to send AMBE TLV frames to (export)
RXPort = 35103                  ; Port to listen on (import)
FallbackID = your id            ; In case we can not find a valid DMR id in the database, export this one
ExportTG = TG                ; Which TG to export
Slot = 2                        ; Export slot

Thats it for MB1, you can create your existing MB to connect to XLX to YSF just point your MB.ini to your XLX so with your YSF Ref and just do similar cross port on DVS.ini . I hope this help, what I want to accomplish is to bridge DMR,YSF and XLX Dstar.
73, Eric

Rudy N6DOZ

Thanks Eric for taking the time.

I do have a working setup of this, which I set aside so that the XLX and YSF reflectors can connect to two different BM TGs at the same time (when needed), then go back to the old setup when not in need to do so.

Do you think I can use MMDVM_Bridge to remotely link my FCS003 reflector to DMR? That's what I am trying to do now.

Cheers! 7-3

Steve N4IRS

Edited

Ernie,
If you are running your bridge on a Pi (armhf) we have added the ability to steer TGs (just like slots) in MB. I have pushed the change to github. See the added parameter in dvswitch.ini {DMR] stanza.
Try it if you want to.

3, Steve N4IRS

Eric-K6KWB

Yes you need two MB one connect to BM and one for YSF Gateway. Almost similar to the first one you create use YSF Gateway and select FCS.
BM-TG??<->MB_BM<->MB_YSF<->YSF Gateway<->FCS003

Did you download from DVSwitch System Builder a complete package:
https://github.com/DVSwitch/DVSwitch-System-Builder

Looks like Steve have developed a new update to steer TGs in MB, will see how does it work, thank you Steve for this update. :)
73, Eric

Eric-K6KWB

Steve N4IRS,
That latest update on MB means we dont need to set up static TG on self care? set TG on DVSwitch.ini is enough?
Appreciated.
best and 73, Eric

Rudy N6DOZ

That's awesome Steve! How about for those folks who aren't on a Rasberry Pi? :P My services are on the cloud running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.

If the updates apply, which one do I grab from Github?

Thanks for all the hard work Steve!

Rudy N6DOZ

Eric, cool. I'll check it out!

Steve N4IRS

Should not have to. Will also allow you not to need DMRGateway for XLX

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

That latest update on MB means we dont need to set up static TG on self care? set TG on DVSwitch.ini is enough?
Appreciated.
best and 73, Eric

Steve N4IRS

Testing on Pi full release later.

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

That's awesome Steve! How about for those folks who aren't on a Rasberry Pi? :P My services are on the cloud running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.

If the updates apply, which one do I grab from Github?

Thanks for all the hard work Steve!

Eric-K6KWB

Edited

Rudy,

Here is a working sample YSGateway
[General]
Callsign= K6KWB
#Suffix=
# Suffix=ND
Id=your id
RptAddress=127.0.0.1
RptPort=62045   >>>port of your choice should cross MB_YSF
LocalAddress=127.0.0.1
LocalPort=62046
Daemon=0

[Info]
RXFrequency=437000000
TXFrequency=437000000
Power=1
Latitude=34.0686
Longitude=-117.9390
Height=0
Location=Los Angeles, CA
Description=DVSwitch
URL=https://your url

[Network]
Startup=FCS003   >>>>>your FCS number here
# Startup=Alabama Link
InactivityTimeout=0
Revert=0
Debug=0

[YSF Network]
Enable=0
Port=0
Hosts=/var/lib/mmdvm/YSFHosts.txt
ReloadTime=60
ParrotAddress=127.0.0.1
ParrotPort=42012
YSF2DMRAddress=127.0.0.1
YSF2DMRPort=42013
YSF2NXDNAddress=127.0.0.1
YSF2NXDNPort=42014
YSF2P25Address=127.0.0.1
YSF2P25Port=42015

[FCS Network]
Enable=1
Rooms=/var/lib/mmdvm/FCSRooms.txt
Port=42001

Rudy N6DOZ

Steve,

Great! Eagerly awaiting the full release!

Thanks for your hard work. 7-3

Rudy N6DOZ

Eric,

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the working sample and the URL for the system builder—that's awesome!

Need to make a few more instances of MB :P and put YSFGateway.

7-3 Rudy

Steve N4IRS

Eric,
Happy to help by adding the steering. That is the value of this forum. Mike and I read the comment and problems. We try to address those type of "pain points" as we see them.
That is the value of this tight feedback loop.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 5/16/20 5:53 PM, Eric-K6KWB wrote:
Yes you need two MB one connect to BM and one for YSF Gateway. Almost similar to the first one you create use YSF Gateway and select FCS.
BM-TG??<->MB_BM<->MB_YSF<->YSF Gateway<->FCS003

Did you download from DVSwitch System Builder a complete package:
https://github.com/DVSwitch/DVSwitch-System-Builder

Looks like Steve have developed a new update to steer TGs in MB, will see how does it work, thank you Steve for this update. :)
73, Eric

Rudy N6DOZ

Eric, I have started a new thread for the FCS to DMR link here.