Topics

Can I bulild an offline dmr server?

playexata

We have a system was builed  with internet but our internet provider go for a system renewal now we need to work with out internet for 3-5 months. we want to use our dmr radios (which is connected to mmdvm hotsposts) to comminicite. Currently we have  a server runs in office and long range wifi antenas all around mountains.

Questation : Can I build an offline dmr server? which has talk groups or at least some sorth of groups in to the server ?

If you can get all your hotspots to connect to your office server network then Hblink should work. I have Hblink running on my home network with connections from other computers.

playexata

Thanks for the answer.

But can Hblink provide multiple talk groups? I did a reserch on internet  but I could not found anything about it

No problem on talkgroups. All info here join subgroup Hblink.

Ben Fogt

This might not be the best place for the following response, but you can quickly and easily spin up an XLX server, and use the "DMR gateway" feature in pi-star to connect to it. The pi-star devices just need their host files updated to reflect the IP of the XLX server. This is the quickest and easiest way to spin up a private DMR server, i think.

--
Ben Fogt
N5AMD