Cloud hosting

Tom Corcoran

Steve,

does “ So far seems to work. I installed DVSwitch-Server on it.” mean that you have YSF working as well? You didn’t encounter the “ APRSWriter.h:36:17: fatal error:” message?
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

I did, but I solved it. As of now, the existing system builder script is going to be replaced. I really don't have the time to put out a new one. I am spending my time preparing for and working on a newer script that does not need to compile the gateways/parrots. Think apt-get install.

On 6/27/20 6:43 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
Steve,

does “ So far seems to work. I installed DVSwitch-Server on it.” mean that you have YSF working as well? You didn’t encounter the “ APRSWriter.h:36:17: fatal error:” message?
--
Tom VE3NY

Steve, KB9MWR

I believe VE3SP

Roby IV3JDV

i think you have to install libgps-dev and then the compilation will be successful

apt-get install libgps-dev

Roby IV3JDV

Tom Corcoran

Roby,

seems to have worked … tnx..
--
Tom VE3NY

W8DSB

I too was able to follow Steve's info and buy the $12.50 ($10.00) plan. I did get a ALLSTAR node to run as a test.

Attached is the info I used to setup the cloud I have now, It includes ALLSTAR, ALLMON2, DVSwitch, HBlink3 all working together in case this helps. I am not a Linux person by trade so when I find installs that work I keep files like this so I don't have to go back to the web each time I need to rebuild something.

Attached

Steve N4IRS

Good to hear it's working. I would suggest anyone reading this thread keep the following in mind:

1: The VM is directly exposed to the internet with the ability to login as root. I strongly suggest a strong password. or a PSK.
        Want to see something interesting? watch /var/log/auth.log
        I like Shorewall to make the firewall easy to manage. Fail2ban helps too.
2: Watch your bandwidth. You get 500GB a month.

Steve N4IRS

On 6/28/20 7:54 AM, W8DSB wrote:
I too was able to follow Steve's info and buy the $12.50 ($10.00) plan. I did get a ALLSTAR node to run as a test.

Attached is the info I used to setup the cloud I have now, It includes ALLSTAR, ALLMON2, DVSwitch, HBlink3 all working together in case this helps. I am not a Linux person by trade so when I find installs that work I keep files like this so I don't have to go back to the web each time I need to rebuild something.

Attached

Nomis Bayan Jr.

Hello,

Is the $12.50 per year? Could you provide the provider?

On 6/28/20 12:16 PM, Nomis Bayan Jr. wrote:

Hello,

Is the $12.50 per year? Could you provide the provider?

On 6/28/2020 4:54 AM, W8DSB wrote:
I too was able to follow Steve's info and buy the $12.50 ($10.00) plan. I did get a ALLSTAR node to run as a test.

Attached is the info I used to setup the cloud I have now, It includes ALLSTAR, ALLMON2, DVSwitch, HBlink3 all working together in case this helps. I am not a Linux person by trade so when I find installs that work I keep files like this so I don't have to go back to the web each time I need to rebuild somethin

Attached

Nomis Bayan Jr.

Thanks, Steve. This maybe cheaper than VULTR. Thanks.

On 6/28/2020 9:20 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
<https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/message/6817>

On 6/28/20 12:16 PM, Nomis Bayan Jr. wrote:

Hello,

Is the $12.50 per year? Could you provide the provider?

On 6/28/2020 4:54 AM, W8DSB wrote:
I too was able to follow Steve's info and buy the $12.50 ($10.00) plan. I did get a ALLSTAR node to run as a test.

Attached is the info I used to setup the cloud I have now, It includes ALLSTAR, ALLMON2, DVSwitch, HBlink3 all working together in case this helps. I am not a Linux person by trade so when I find installs that work I keep files like this so I don't have to go back to the web each time I need to rebuild somethin

Attached

Corey Dean N3FE

I actually used them just to perform backups of other servers and they have worked out just fine.

On Jun 28, 2020, at 12:20 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

 <https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/message/6817>

On 6/28/20 12:16 PM, Nomis Bayan Jr. wrote:

Hello,

Is the $12.50 per year? Could you provide the provider?

On 6/28/2020 4:54 AM, W8DSB wrote:
I too was able to follow Steve's info and buy the $12.50 ($10.00) plan. I did get a ALLSTAR node to run as a test.

Attached is the info I used to setup the cloud I have now, It includes ALLSTAR, ALLMON2, DVSwitch, HBlink3 all working together in case this helps. I am not a Linux person by trade so when I find installs that work I keep files like this so I don't have to go back to the web each time I need to rebuild somethin

Attached

Tom Corcoran

FWIW, I have been using a DVS image on Virmach from home and mobile for over a month and no outages that I am aware of.

Virmach makes it very clear that, with this budget plan, you are on your own from a support standpoint.

Great suggestion.
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

W8DSB ... does this mean you have all apps running in cloud. How do you access ASL node? DVSM -> DVS -> ASL?
--
Tnx Tom VE3NY

Jay

Looks like everyone has gone to $2.50 a month.  Anyone have another less expensive option.

--

jb   N4NQY

Steve N4IRS

On 9/4/2020 9:49 AM, Jay wrote:

Looks like everyone has gone to $2.50 a month.  Anyone have another less expensive option.

--

jb   N4NQY

Tom Corcoran

I seem to have hit a trip wire of some sort (maybe first month free) but have exceeded BW limit in first few days of billing period and account is suspended due to exceeding BW limit. Reverted to vultr accounts.
--
Tom VE3NY

Jay

Cannot find any mention of on their site, just the starter $2.50 a month.

--

jb   N4NQY

Steve N4IRS

This how I got to $10 per year.
Affordable Linux VPS / Value+ / chose Micro+ / chose continue on Micro+ to SSD256 popup / chose Billing Cycle 12.50 Annually / chose Chicago location and  Debian 9 64 bit  / add to cart /  checked Limited Support Agreement / agreed to Limited Support Package - Information

<https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/message/6822>

On 9/8/2020 1:23 PM, Jay wrote:

Cannot find any mention of on their site, just the starter $2.50 a month.

--

jb   N4NQY

Jim - K6JM

Sadly, the original US $12.50/year ($2.50 discount first year), does not appear to be available anymore. I was able to get the one you got, but today, when choosing Billing Cycle, the options are now $2.25 USD Monthly, $6.25 USD Quarterly, $22.50 USD Annually. It appears their promotion worked, since 6 of their 11 data centers are sold out of this product and the other 5 are listed as Low Stock.

Jim – K6JM

On 9/8/2020 1:23 PM, Jay wrote:

Cannot find any mention of on their site, just the starter $2.50 a month.

So,
I guess the question is, what happens after our 12 months is up.