Topics

Coming to a browser near you

Steve N4IRS

In the discussion of a issue with radioid.net missing some entries this weekend I posted a screenshot of a work in progress. So, since the cat is out of the bag...
This is a work in progress of the new web (HTML) client. We have no release date and the program has not even gone into beta test yet.
I'll post update info here when available.

jacomms

😊

Justin Albury

J Albury Communications

justin@...

0417246791

VK2JUZ

This email, and any attachments are for the use of the intended

recipient(s) and may contain confidential/privileged information.

immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient,

you must not copy, disclose or distribute its contents to any other

person. We do not accept any liability in connection with transmitting,

unauthorised access to, or viruses in this email and its attachments.

This notice should not be removed.

In the discussion of a issue with radioid.net missing some entries this weekend I posted a screenshot of a work in progress. So, since the cat is out of the bag...
This is a work in progress of the new web (HTML) client. We have no release date and the program has not even gone into beta test yet.
I'll post update info here when available.

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

First 2 way QSO (Thanks Ken!!!!!)

Mike KB8JNM

I want some !   ...LOL...

On 11/23/2020 11:40 PM, Mike Zingman - N4IRR wrote:
First 2 way QSO (Thanks Ken!!!!!)

rogerd111

Great work. Thanks.
Can't wait to try it.

Ted Holdahl

Edited

Terrific.  I can't wait.  This will be the first time that we can communicate with IOS devices.   I will be glad to help beta test.

Andrew Palumbo

+1!

Jay

Amen,  I am Mac OS and IOS, with a WinDoze box around to program radios with.  It will be nice to have a web client I can run on everything.

--
jb   N4NQY

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

As a Mac/iOS user (and professional developer) I have tested on iOS (12, 13 and 14) Safari and Mac OS Catalina (Safari and Chrome)
In addition, Windows Edge, Linux Chromium, Android Chrome and Silk.  Still to test is Firefox.  I will probably not test on Opera (as I don't care)

iOS as always is a challenge because Apple makes everything harder.  You will need TLS certs (a script is included).

I would not say this is a perfect replacement for a mobile app (it is specifically NOT responsive), but it does perform well on iOS and Mac OS.

@AndrewVK2HAC

Mike,
when do you estimate a Beta product?

Thanks

Steve N4IRS

It's moving along. Should be some time this year.

On 11/30/20 6:58 PM, newsletters@... wrote:
Mike,
when do you estimate a Beta product?

Thanks

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Status Report:
I now have a manageable list of items to finish for an alpha release.  The items are divided into Server, and Client with most of the work done for both.  Client needs some "configuration" support, and the server needs some more edge case development.  The last few days have been all client side, but today was a lot more server side.

For an overview the client is a little different than Mobile and pyUC in that it does not communicate with AB directly.  This was initially because the HTML client uses websockets and rather than add that as in interface to AB, a server was created.  The server is implemented in Nodejs and was an outgrowth of the work for the dashboard RX Monitor.  Now the server has grown in several ways which I will document as I get closer to release.

As far as features, hUC is starting out as a peer to pyUC in UI and capabilities.  It will evolve over time.

Finally, the server, HTML and config files will need to be packaged and system services will be set up.

@AndrewVK2HAC

Mike,
thanks for the detailed update. Look forward to using it when released.