locked sticky Connecting to BrandMeister

Steve N4IRS

Edited

BM is implementing controls to disallow mis-configured hotspots from connecting to their network. Some of our early configurations violate this and cause a connection to not complete. Here is what you need to check:
in /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[General]
Callsign=N4IRS
Id=3112138
duplex=0

[Info]
RXFrequency=224940000
TXFrequency=224940000

Make sure your RX Frequency matches your TX frequency and that your callsign is correct for your DMRID+SSID

restart.

We have a replacement connection method in beta test now. That method, Simple Terminal Feature Update uses the connection method required by BM. By implementing Simple Terminal Feature Update we will satisfy BM now and in the future.

Steve N4IRS