Topics

Dashboard #best_practices

Tom

Can I add a dashboard to my P25-AB (and reflector) without messing up a very well working server?  To date, I've simply tailing the logfile for reflector connections.

Is there a repo to only add the dashboard?

Thanks,
Tom / K5TRA

Steve N4IRS

Are you looking for a P25Reflector dashboard or adding the DVSwitch Server dashboard?

On 2/16/2021 11:55 AM, Tom wrote:
Can I add a dashboard to my P25-AB (and reflector) without messing up a very well working server?  To date, I've simply tailing the logfile for reflector connections.

Is there a repo to only add the dashboard?

Thanks,
Tom / K5TRA

Tom

What is possible?
What will the P25Reflector dashboard give me and what will the DVSwitch dashboard give?

Tom

Could either one be installed over a working P25-AB / P25Reflector unit with out breaking it (or reinstalling)?

Steve N4IRS

Anything is possible as far as breaking something. I can't say other then backup.
The P25Reflector dashboard shows you what is happening on the reflector.
The DVSwitch dashboard is more MMDVM_Bridge centric.

On 2/16/2021 12:11 PM, Tom wrote:
Could either one be installed over a working P25-AB / P25Reflector unit with out breaking it (or reinstalling)?

Tom

OK, I'll put P25Reflector dashboard on my P25-AB / P25Reflector Pi.  When I get my rebuild of the DMR-AB working, I'll add the DVSwitch dashboard on that Pi.

Is there a repo for these dashboards?

Steve N4IRS

The DVSwitch Server dashboard is in a apt package for buster. dvswitch-dashboard
The reflector dashboard is here <https://github.com/N4IRS/MMDVM-Install/tree/master/P25/P25Reflector-Dashboard> When I get time I'll make it a stand alone git repository.

Steve

On 2/16/2021 12:30 PM, Tom wrote:
OK, I'll put P25Reflector dashboard on my P25-AB / P25Reflector Pi.  When I get my rebuild of the DMR-AB working, I'll add the DVSwitch dashboard on that Pi.

Is there a repo for these dashboards?

Tom

OK, I'll wait for the stand alone version to use on a stretch installation (my DMR unit).

On my P25-AB / P25Reflector Pi3b+ running stretch, how do I install P25Reflector dashboard over that one?

Steve N4IRS

Install a web server with php support
add the dashboard files into /var/www/html
The dashboard is a modification of the ysfreflector dashboard. You may find more complete instructions there. When I get time, I'll build apt packages for the reflectors and dashboards.