Topics

Disconnection after 45 seconds

Greg Goddard <greggoddard@...>

 Can I anybody help when connected after 45 seconds my signal will cut-out Come anybody help me with this problem please

2E0LXC  greg goddard

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Steve N4IRS

Greg,
We need more info. What program(s) are you running? What are you connected to? Some log files would help.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/21/19 7:46 PM, Greg Goddard via Groups.Io wrote:

 Can I anybody help when connected after 45 seconds my signal will cut-out Come anybody help me with this problem please

2E0LXC  greg goddard

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Greg Goddard <greggoddard@...>

 Connected to DV switch on my mobile Every 45 seconds A node number can be heard and the signal cuts out then comes back in again

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

We need more info. What program(s) are you running? What are you connected to? Some log files would help.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/21/19 7:46 PM, Greg Goddard via Groups.Io wrote:

 Can I anybody help when connected after 45 seconds my signal will cut-out Come anybody help me with this problem please

2E0LXC  greg goddard

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Greg Goddard <greggoddard@...>

Connected to All-Star

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

We need more info. What program(s) are you running? What are you connected to? Some log files would help.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/21/19 7:46 PM, Greg Goddard via Groups.Io wrote:

 Can I anybody help when connected after 45 seconds my signal will cut-out Come anybody help me with this problem please

2E0LXC  greg goddard

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Steve N4IRS

We are going to need to see logs. We need to see your ASL log, your Analog_Bridge log and MMDVM_Bridge log.
The log sections need to be from the same time frame. When you transmit on ASl, when the SAME traffic passes to Analog_Bridge and when that traffic passes to MMDVM_Bridge.

On 8/21/19 8:09 PM, Greg Goddard via Groups.Io wrote:
Connected to All-Star

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

We need more info. What program(s) are you running? What are you connected to? Some log files would help.

Steve N4IRS

On 8/21/19 7:46 PM, Greg Goddard via Groups.Io wrote:

 Can I anybody help when connected after 45 seconds my signal will cut-out Come anybody help me with this problem please

2E0LXC  greg goddard

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

VK4SED

Hello All,
I am having a similar problem, where after about 2 mins or so the DVSwitch mobile app running on an Android mobile device just hangs up on all modes, Eg NXDN, P25, YSF etc, whilst connected on a cellular connection, when a push the "Register" button I get USRP :REG OK  notification again, and the connection continues for about another 2 minutes or so, unless I am in a QSO where the app does not hang up.
If I run the same android device and app on my home wifi connection I don't get disconnected.  I've also tried connecting using another phone's wifi hotspot on a cellular connection and get the same result . The equipment I am using is a RPi 3b only running DVSwitch2 with updated scripts and binaries connected thru my homes 5G wifi connection to my router the 1 away to a stable 90Gbs cable connection.
However, on IAX2 connection to an Allstar node I remain connected.

Any suggestions

VK4SED Mike

Steve N4IRS

Mike,
Check to verify battery optimization is off for the DVSM app on your Android device.

Steve N4IRS

On 11/25/19 7:21 PM, VK4SED wrote:
[...]

Thanks Steve.
I didn’t see that control on the network radio. I’ll dig a bit deeper.
73’s
Mike VK4SED

Steve N4IRS

I have a Inrico T320.
Settings/Battery
Top right hand corner 3 vertical dots
Battery Optimization

Steve

On 11/26/19 9:56 PM, VK4SED wrote:
Thanks Steve.
I didn’t see that control on the network radio. I’ll dig a bit deeper.
73’s
Mike VK4SED

Steve N4IRS

Mike,
Just a FYI. I'm not sure the issue is battery optimization, but it needs to be checked.
Mike and I spoke about this today and it MAY be a issue with Network Address Translation. Analog_Bridge pings DVSM when in NAT mode (single UDP port) This is done so that NAT does not time out. The issue may be that we are not pinging often enough. Mike has a double NAT install running. We hope that the double NAT may help us recreate the issue.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 11/26/19 9:56 PM, VK4SED wrote:
Thanks Steve.
I didn’t see that control on the network radio. I’ll dig a bit deeper.
73’s
Mike VK4SED

VK4SED

Edited

Hi Steve
Just an update. Thru trial and error I discovered the problem is Telstra my internet provider which apparently is blocking Port 46001 on the cellist network. Because I Changed the SIM card to another provider and boom!  No registration issue DVSM stays connected . So now I need to change the port in dvswitch.
73’s
Mike

Steve N4IRS

Mike,