DMR Bridge not "un-keying" problem

steve@...

Hi,
I've set up about 10 DMR to Allstar bridges.  This may be more of an Allstar issue than DVSwitch.  Anyhow, when I key with *99 on the phone portal (or IAX client) it works great ... audio comes through on DMR and it's all good.  But when I press *99 again, it's supposed to unkey, but it doesn't .... and the radio stays lit up until I hang up the phone.  Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks,
Steve
W7RD

Paul Nannery KC2VRJ

You should have an unkey command by default I believe its #

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018, 5:56 AM steve via Groups.Io <steve=w7rd.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,
I've set up about 10 DMR to Allstar bridges.  This may be more of an Allstar issue than DVSwitch.  Anyhow, when I key with *99 on the phone portal (or IAX client) it works great ... audio comes through on DMR and it's all good.  But when I press *99 again, it's supposed to unkey, but it doesn't .... and the radio stays lit up until I hang up the phone.  Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks,
Steve
W7RD

Mike KB8JNM

As Paul correctly pointed out, it is # to drop the tx

But, I'm wondering where you had got the idea it was 99 again,
You are not the first to have that assumption. Did you read this somewhere ? I'm curious.

...mike/kb8jnm

On 9/30/2018 1:45 PM, steve via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,
I've set up about 10 DMR to Allstar bridges.  This may be more of an Allstar issue than DVSwitch.  Anyhow, when I key with *99 on the phone portal (or IAX client) it works great ... audio comes through on DMR and it's all good.  But when I press *99 again, it's supposed to unkey, but it doesn't .... and the radio stays lit up until I hang up the phone.  Has anyone encountered this?
Thanks,
Steve
W7RD

steve@...

Hi,
Thanks very much for the info!  I never heard it was # before.  The info I've seen and a couple of youtube videos say *99 is a TX toggle.  Well thanks for clearing that up!

-Steve
W7RD

Ken KE2N

This comes from the old phone patch protocol:  “star-up, pound-down”

But, with Allstar, you can configure this to be whatever you want in rpt.conf

cop, 6  is the function to key up the transmit or you can use the keyword “autopatchup”

for dropping the PTT you can configure a function for “autopatchdn”.  On some distros this is function *0

But the “#” down is probably  built-in and goes way back …

Ken