DMR bridge to Allstar - Loose DMR Master connection #brandmeister #mmdvm_bridge

Wayne Nixon N0AD

My DVSwitch keeps losing connection to brandmeister. Does anyone have this issue? Once I restart mmdvm_bridge.service the Master is connected but later disconnects.

Corey Dean N3FE

You need to give a little bit more of an explanation such as, which master?  There are 44 of them, is it always around the same time?  Things like that.  Heck if you are in the USA connecting to another country that could explain it pretty quickly.

On Nov 22, 2021, at 3:42 AM, Wayne Nixon <nixon7606@...> wrote:

My DVSwitch keeps losing connection to brandmeister. Does anyone have this issue? Once I restart mmdvm_bridge.service the Master is connected but later disconnects.

Wayne Nixon N0AD

Edited

I have tried the following 3102.repeater.net, 3103.repeater.net, and 3104.repeater.net. They all seem to act the same. I would like to add that I am seeing this on the DVSwitch Dashboard. I haven't really been able to figure out exactly was causes it. Sometimes it says connected for days other times its 15 minutes.  I pull up the Dashboard and sometimes the DMR Master will be listed and other times it is not. If the DMR Master isn't listed I restart mmkdvm_bridge.service and its back again.

I do see at time in the logs where the login wasn't successful and then 15 seconds later the login is successful. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what is showing on the dashboard. Is there a command to show the state of the connection to the master DMR server?

Corey Dean N3FE

If I knew the dmr id of the system, I was going to check the logs on the master, but without that info it is just a guessing game.

On 2021-11-22 10:45, Wayne Nixon wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I have tried the following 3102.repeater.net, 3103.repeater.net, and 3104.repeater.net. They all seem to act the same. I would like to add that I am seeing this on the DVSwitch Dashboard. I haven't really been able to figure out exactly was causes it. Sometimes it says connected for days other times its 15 minutes.  I pull up the Dashboard and sometimes the DMR Master will be listed and other times it is not. If the DMR Master isn't listed I restart mmkdvm_bridge.service and its back again.

I do see at time in the logs where the login wasn't successful and then 15 seconds later the login is successful. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what is showing on the dashboard. Is there a command to show the state of the connection to the master DMR server?

Wayne Nixon N0AD

Hey Corey,

Thank you. So far today it has stayed connected. Its currently connected to 3104.repeater.net
The DMR id is 310022399

Corey Dean N3FE

I went back 5 days on the logs and the last entry on 3102 was

Nov 18 18:39:58 dmrxbm Master 3102[908289]: Connection of MMDVM Host system 310022399 (3.144.15.211) removed

Prior to that everything was fine and you didn't lose connection at all.

since that time you have been connected to 3104 and never skipped a beat there either, other than one simple service restart I did over the weekend, and you were connected right back within 30 seconds.  As I see it there was no issues at all.It never lost connection except for the time I restarted a service and when you moved it from 3102 to 3104.  I never even saw it on 3103.

Corey  N3FE

I have zero record of you on 3103

On 2021-11-22 13:44, Wayne Nixon wrote:

Hey Corey,

Thank you. So far today it has stayed connected. Its currently connected to 3104.repeater.net
The DMR id is 310022399

Wayne Nixon N0AD

Edited

Then I wonder if it's just a DVSwitch Dashboard display issue and the web interface is looking for the initial handshake vs a retry

John M Wysocki

Hello Wayne from Wellington New Zealand.

I have the same loss of DMR Master connection when using DMR Plus IPSC2.
It stays connected for some hours or days but sometimes disappears from my DVS dashboard.
I use the DVSM [* & 0] function to establish it again.
Funny thing is that it appears to still put traffic to the New Zealand IPSC2 server even though
the dashboard says it's not connected.
NXDN, D-Star and YSF do not go missing except for an internet "blip" when I sometimes
need to reconnect all of them.
DVS is such excellent software and if drop of DMR Master is the only thing wrong then I live with it.
There might be a fix sometime or it's caused by bad net from time to time and nothing to do with DVS.
Here is my dashboard: http://zl2tws-dvs.ddns.net

Best 73 and good DV to all. John ZL2TWS

Wayne Nixon N0AD

Hey Corey,

What do you see right now? The DMR master isn't showing up?

Corey Dean N3FE

At 1:55 am I was sleeping.  Is it still pointed to 3104?  I can check in a few hours.

On Nov 23, 2021, at 1:55 AM, Wayne Nixon N0AD <nixon7606@...> wrote:

Hey Corey,

What do you see right now? The DMR master isn't showing up?

Wayne Nixon N0AD

Yeah, Sorry I had just got home from work and noticed it was down. It should be connected to 3104 but it's not showing anything on the dashboard. I connected to the node and did a transmission and nothing came over DMR. The Brandmeister dashboard shows the ID connected

http://3.144.15.211/

Wayne Nixon N0AD

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 12:10 PM, John M Wysocki wrote:
DVSM [* & 0]

What is the DVSM funcion?