Topics

DMR ID's for ASL

David KE6UPI

Does anyone know how to register a new DMR ID so when someone uses the ASL side. The name would show ASL XXXX? That way we know is a ASL user. Any thoughts?

--
Thanks, David

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
Thomas Jefferson

Steve N4IRS

Dave,
As of now, ambe_audio uses a fixed DMR ID that all analog traffic appears to be coming from. Mike and I talked about the possibility that Analog_bridge could determine the ASL node actually transmitting. Something like, the analog traffic is coming from ASL node 2150. A lookup in the ASL node list points to N4IRS as the node call sign. A lookup in the subscriber_ids.csv would return 3112138. The Metadata could be synthesized so that the traffic is coming from 3112138 rather then a fixed DMR ID. This all take time. The updatenodelist script that creates the ASL node list COULD create a second node list containing associated DMR IDs so that a single lookup by Analog_bridge would be required.