DMR-MARC changes

Steve N4IRS

Some of you may already know that DMR-MARC is no longer registering users or repeaters. They have also take down their .csv files with subscribers and repeaters. This breaks some of the update scripts and possibly some of the datafile updates in DMRlink and HBlink. 

It's never dull in HAM radio.

Steve 

Dan Feeney, N6BMW

Thanks Steve.  

I changed my stale days to 30 in HBLink in expectation.  No crashes yet.  

Dan Feeney, N6BMW
BrandMeister USA Admin
n6bmw@...

On May 7, 2018 at 10:15:05 AM, Steve N4IRS (szingman@...) wrote:

Some of you may already know that DMR-MARC is no longer registering users or repeaters. They have also take down their .csv files with subscribers and repeaters. This breaks some of the update scripts and possibly some of the datafile updates in DMRlink and HBlink. 

Steve 

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

can someone set DMRlink.py or HBLink.py to look at the CSVs in “MARC style” at ham-digital.org and report if they work?

On May 7, 2018, at 10:15 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Steve 

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Steve N4IRS

I will do it now. Will report back.

On 5/7/2018 1:43 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:
can someone set DMRlink.py or HBLink.py to look at the CSVs in “MARC style” at ham-digital.org and report if they work?

Steve 

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Steve N4IRS

I am not finding a way to get a CSV from that site.
I do have this:
'http://registry.dstar.su/dmr/DMRIds.php'

“MARC style” at ham-digital.org

Glen Bizeau

Same files should be here: http://ham-digital.org/status/

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 2:43 PM, Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...> wrote:

Steve 

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Glen Bizeau

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
I do have this:

Steve N4IRS

Thanks!

On 5/7/2018 2:26 PM, Glen Bizeau wrote:

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
I do have this:

Steve N4IRS

ham-digital-org
root@stretch-64:/usr/src/dmrlink# grep 3112138 users.csv
3112138,N4IRS,Steven,,,United States,DMR

older subscriber_ids.csv
root@stretch-64:/usr/src/dmrlink# grep 3112138 subscriber_ids.csv
3112138,N4IRS,Steven Zingman,Palm City,Florida,United States,Portable<br/>

Steve 

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Glen Bizeau

Yes, because of GDPR, you will not see LASTNAME, CITY, STATE

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
ham-digital-org
root@stretch-64:/usr/src/dmrlink# grep 3112138 users.csv
3112138,N4IRS,Steven,,,United States,DMR

older subscriber_ids.csv
root@stretch-64:/usr/src/dmrlink# grep 3112138 subscriber_ids.csv
3112138,N4IRS,Steven Zingman,Palm City,Florida,United States,Portable<br/>

Steve 

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Steve N4IRS

I am able to test with HB as a client:
INFO 2018-05-07 15:15:01,642 (REPEATER-1) *CALL START* STREAM ID: 0 SUB: KF4DWL (3145318) REPEATER: 3112138 (3112138) TGID 3100 (3100), TS 1
INFO 2018-05-07 15:15:02,481 (REPEATER-1) *CALL END*   STREAM ID: 0 SUB: KF4DWL (3145318) REPEATER: 3112138 (3112138) TGID 3100 (3100), TS 1, Duration: 0.838642120361

I will change the login to a repeater ID and see if it resolves the repeater ID.

Steve 

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Steve N4IRS

*CALL START* STREAM ID: 16777216 SUB: KD9KRS (3155531) REPEATER: N4IRS (111204) TGID 310 (310), TS 1
user.csv and rptr.csv are resolving

Steve 

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Mike, AA9VI

Edited

Steve,
You are misinformed about a couple of things. 

DMR-MARC is alive and well.  Our host who had been providing a free service disconnected a server and we restored it on a new hosting service last night. We thank him for his past support.  We have asked Hans and his team who have been maintaining the registration of new repeaters and callsigns for Europe and Africa and who have been working with the D-Star/CCS7 community and DMR+ community for years to maintain the entire world and Hans has accepted.  He is a very fair and honest guy and someone we do not have to worry about when it comes to doing what is right. I don't think Hans has any political motives so that is why we asked him and his team to help.  If you need CSV files and such, Hans would be the guy to ask.  As others have pointed out, the new Euro privacy laws and some people over the last year that made our volunteers overburdened drove this decision. We all have priorities in life and have to find the best family and work balance with our hobbies.

Regarding the DMR-MARC situation for repeaters, we are taking an approach of continuing to support cbridge as we have with our core CC servers and our repeater bridges.  It is only fair that those that have contributed to the Pay Pal see some return on their investment.  Most of those servers have moved them to a new host.  For over 2 years now we have successfully partnered with DMR+, a Worldwide team of repeaters in over 30 countries with over 300 reflectors. We will continue to support our current repeaters on the DMR+ servers we support as well as accept new repeaters on the system..  We believe it is a more scaleabale architecture with more options than the legacy cbridge architecture and easier to maintain from a admin time commitment.  As you may know, many of the cbridge talkgroups are available on our DMR+ platform, with the exception of Worldwide English TG13 and Worldwide TG1.  Pretty much the rest are available on both platforms - including many regionals, statewide, and sub-regionals.

Please visit http://dmr-marc.net/FAQ/dmrplus-america.html  to learn more about DMR+.  It's a system where the repeater owner has control over what he/she gets and when.  It is similar to D-Star architecture from a user viewpoint.  We don't have to go in and add a new talkgroup to every bridge when we create it.  The average user also can participate in the QSO even if he/she does not have the talkgroup programmed into the radio.  It's simpler for the average ham and less work for admins so that is why we have been very happy with it.  We even offer XLX access and use some of the tools promoted in this forum!  Heck, we encourage it!  So, innovation is alive and well on DMRPlus USA and DMR-MARC.

Steve N4IRS

Edited

Mike,
What part of this is incorrect?
"Some of you may already know that DMR-MARC is no longer registering users or repeaters. They have also take down their .csv files with subscribers and repeaters"

From https://register.ham-digital.org/

ACTUAL NEWS:

The MARC DMR-ID Registration system has been switched off.
The European DMR-ID registration system will take over the registration for all countries of the world.
It is very unlikely that the transition works without any issues. Please let us know whenever things go wrong.

Parallel with the transition of the database we will also do some clean-up during next days, which are required by the European General Data Protection Regulation which will become effective on May 25th.
Please find some first information about data collection, storage, usage and sharing here: Data Protection

The regular approval time should be less than 3 days. If you should not get any confirmation by email, check the list of approvals of last 30 days on the registration page please.
We now have about 30 local admins around the world who will take care for the registrations, changes and questions.
I am happy to have the admin team from the MARC system on board of our system.
Contact information can be found with the contact link on the registration pages.
Please use this helpful and supportive YLs an d OMs for first contact.

Best regards

Hans DL5DI

Mike, AA9VI

"Some of you may already know that DMR-MARC is no longer registering users or repeaters"

Maybe we are just interpreting that sentence differently :)
Some may say you are referring to the organization is in effect no longer connecting repeaters.  Some will say you are referring to a CSV database.  I guess I thought you meant the first one. 

Anyhow, we've cleared it up.  Yes, the digital-ham site is hosting the CSV files now.  And, yes, DMR-MARC/DMRPlus USA/Canada/Australia/New Zealand and Phoenix UK are still registering new repeaters on the network.

Steve N4IRS

Good to hear since I still have connections to DMR-MARC. I'm actually a neutral party since I see the flaws in both systems and have no compunction about pointing them out.

Steve

On 5/9/2018 9:17 AM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
"Some of you may already know that DMR-MARC is no longer registering users or repeaters"

Maybe we are just interpreting that sentence differently :)
Some may say you are referring to the organization is in effect no longer connecting repeaters.  Some will say you are referring to a CSV database.  I guess I thought you meant the first one. 

Anyhow, we've cleared it up.  Yes, the digital-ham site is hosting the CSV files now.  And, yes, DMR-MARC/DMRPlus USA/Canada/Australia/New Zealand and Phoenix UK are still registering new repeaters on the network.