DMR Master?

Bryan Johnson

If I knew what is broke and what to fix I would do just that. At this point I'm lost again. I no longer hear audio from the DVS server thru DVS mobile app, even tho I can steer TG's and audio seems to be showing on the Dashboard. When I setup DVS menu, it asks for a single port which I set to 52525. I changed that to the 32001 and 34001, and now no audio.

Steve N4IRS

Put it back to 52525 for now. Fix your HAMVOIP node so you can connect from the private to the pubic and from public to private. THEN you can work on connecting the 2 servers.

On 6/10/21 9:46 PM, Bryan Johnson wrote:
If I knew what is broke and what to fix I would do just that. At this point I'm lost again. I no longer hear audio from the DVS server thru DVS mobile app, even tho I can steer TG's and audio seems to be showing on the Dashboard. When I setup DVS menu, it asks for a single port which I set to 52525. I changed that to the 32001 and 34001, and now no audio.

Bryan Johnson

K. Changed back to single port 52525 and can steer DVS server AND hear audio again. Now to figure out how to get my primary public and secondary private nodes to connect on hamvoip, which I've never been able to do so far. And not sure how to get there...

Thanks for your help!

Steve N4IRS

If you plan to continue to use DVSwitch Mobile with DVSwitch Server, yo will need to add another component to DVS. We will cover that after you get your HAMVOIP node configured.
I don't know my way around HAMVOIP so all I can do is give you the basics, I would assume the HAMVOIP site has info on adding a second node.
There are 3 files involved:
rpt.conf:
iax.conf
extensions.conf

Steve

On 6/10/21 10:00 PM, Bryan Johnson wrote:
K. Changed back to single port 52525 and can steer DVS server AND hear audio again. Now to figure out how to get my primary public and secondary private nodes to connect on hamvoip, which I've never been able to do so far. And not sure how to get there...

Thanks for your help!

Bryan Johnson

Ok, making progress. I had to change my public and private node IP's in the rpt.conf node stanza to the actual server lan IP (192.168.0.75) and not 127.0.0.1. Now they connect to one another.

Now to get 1999 on hamvoip to bridge to the DVS server in the other pi.

Bryan Johnson

Have nodes connected and verified audio going both ways. Now what to do to still be able to use dvs mobile app? I can still steer TG's, but no audio.

Steve N4IRS

If not 127.0.0.1 something is still wrong. Post your rpt.conf

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

Have nodes connected and verified audio going both ways. Now what to do to still be able to use dvs mobile app? I can still steer TG's, but no audio.

Bryan Johnson

Should I send the whole rpt.conf file, or try to copy/paste the contents? It is around 1000 lines, so I am not sure of the easiest/fastest way to do it in one shot.

Steve N4IRS

Send the file

On 6/11/2021 3:11 PM, Bryan Johnson wrote:
Should I send the whole rpt.conf file, or try to copy/paste the contents? It is around 1000 lines, so I am not sure of the easiest/fastest way to do it in one shot.

Bryan Johnson

Good thing for Filezilla!

Steve N4IRS

OK,
send iax.conf and extensions.conf

On 6/11/2021 3:21 PM, Bryan Johnson wrote:
Good thing for Filezilla!

Bryan Johnson

FYI, Two way audio went away since last night. I can hear audio on my BM TG3176651 when I tx from my analog 2m repeater. No return audio over the repeater when I tx via DMR.

Bryan Johnson

K. Thanks!

Steve N4IRS

OK,
You do not need the LAN addresses for the 2 local nodes 54464 and 1999 but for now we will leave then as is.
On your DVSwitch Server, edit /opt/Analog_Bridge.ini
In the [USRP] stanza make these changes:

txPort = 31001                          ; Transmit USRP frames on this port
rxPort = 31001                          ; Listen for USRP frames on this port

Yes, you will loose access from the Android app (you will get it back)
on the DVSwitch Server as root:
apt update
apt upgrade

If any updates are applied, reboot.

Log back into DVSwitch Server
As root:
apt install analog-reflector
You will now configure Analog_Reflector <https://server.dvswitch.org/documents/Analog_Reflector.pdf>
Keep it simple:
generate the ssl keys
add your user
change the mobilePort in Analog_Reflector.json to match your port settings in DVSwitch Mobile

You should again have access to DVSwitch Server from DVSwitch Mobile.
You can also play with the web interface of Analog_Reflector.

If you run into a problem, stop and ask. Once this is complete, we will connect the 2 servers together.
I will be unavailable until 7:00 PM tonight.

Steve N4IRS

On 6/11/2021 3:31 PM, Bryan Johnson wrote:
K. Thanks!

Bryan Johnson

K. Had to step out for a bit. Working on it all now.

Thanks, Bryan

Bryan Johnson

I set up the .json file for just the basics, using port 12345 for the mobile app as in the setup example. When I connect, DVS mobile says "K6RBJ joining reflector" but I have no PTT nor TG steering. When I change the DVS mobile port to 31001, I have PTT (can hear my tx thru DVS Dashboard) and TG steering. Don't get why it doesn't work using the mobile port but works using the USRP port.

DVS hUC doesn't allow me to do anything in the way of changing TG's or PTT (says I do not have transmit rights).

Now no audio either way between Hamvoip server and DVS server. Was one way as I mentioned earlier, but not both ways like I had going last night.

Steve N4IRS

Show me your Analog_Reflector.json

On 6/11/21 6:03 PM, Bryan Johnson wrote:
I set up the .json file for just the basics, using port 12345 for the mobile app as in the setup example. When I connect, DVS mobile says "K6RBJ joining reflector" but I have no PTT nor TG steering. When I change the DVS mobile port to 31001, I have PTT (can hear my tx thru DVS Dashboard) and TG steering. Don't get why it doesn't work using the mobile port but works using the USRP port.

DVS hUC doesn't allow me to do anything in the way of changing TG's or PTT (says I do not have transmit rights).

Now no audio either way between Hamvoip server and DVS server. Was one way as I mentioned earlier, but not both ways like I had going last night.

Bryan Johnson

What happens when you use the web interface to control the server?
Please post the Analog_Reflector.log when you connect from DVSM and try to transmit and tune.

On 6/11/21 7:34 PM, Bryan Johnson wrote:

Bryan Johnson

I noticed the directions mention an amiport in the Allstar node portion, but there is none in my .json file.