dmr_utils on CentOS

Bill N2WNS

I'm looking run HB/DMRlink on a cent system. I've install the required programs but still need to associate the utilities with HB/DMR:

ImportError: No module named dmr_utils.utils

Thanks!

Steve N4IRS

On 08/17/2018 05:02 PM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
I'm looking run HB/DMRlink on a cent system. I've install the required programs but still need to associate the utilities with HB/DMR:

ImportError: No module named dmr_utils.utils

Thanks!

Bill N2WNS

I grabbed the zip and expanded it on the server. how do I associate the directory? The install script looks like its written for debian.

Steve N4IRS

You will have to convert it to Centos (rpm)
It's been a long time since I used a RPM based system but apt-get install does just that install a package.

Steve N4IRS

On 08/17/2018 05:18 PM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
I grabbed the zip and expanded it on the server. how do I associate the directory? The install script looks like its written for debian.

Bill N2WNS

I've installed:

Python-Devel
Python-PIP
Python-Twisted

we're good there. Somewhere there is an association with the dmr_util directory that I can't find in the install/setup scripts. I'm stumped.

Steve N4IRS

Did you do the pip install --upgrade .

On 08/17/2018 05:37 PM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
I've installed:

Python-Devel
Python-PIP
Python-Twisted

we're good there. Somewhere there is an association with the dmr_util directory that I can't find in the install/setup scripts. I'm stumped.

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I install the utils with pip. District agnostic

On Aug 17, 2018, at 4:39 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Did you do the pip install --upgrade .

On 08/17/2018 05:37 PM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
I've installed:

Python-Devel
Python-PIP
Python-Twisted

we're good there. Somewhere there is an association with the dmr_util directory that I can't find in the install/setup scripts. I'm stumped.

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Distro.... thanks apple

On Aug 17, 2018, at 5:26 PM, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs@...> wrote:

I install the utils with pip. District agnostic

On Aug 17, 2018, at 4:39 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Did you do the pip install --upgrade .

On 08/17/2018 05:37 PM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
I've installed:

Python-Devel
Python-PIP
Python-Twisted

we're good there. Somewhere there is an association with the dmr_util directory that I can't find in the install/setup scripts. I'm stumped.

Bill N2WNS

You have to love Apple!

I'm not familiar with how to leverage PIP like that. What would the command be?

-BIll

Steve N4IRS

pip install --upgrade .

On 08/17/2018 07:18 PM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
You have to love Apple!

I'm not familiar with how to leverage PIP like that. What would the command be?

-BIll

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

from the directory where you cloned (my preference) or unzipped (popular with folks unfamiliar with version control).

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501

Bill N2WNS

I was missing the from within the directory part. Thanks!