DMR Volume low


nh6bf
 

I have an Allstar/DMR bridge running on a cloud server.  It is connect to a DMR talkgroup and an echolink plus Allstar equipped repeaters.  DMR coming in to the echolink repeater, the volume is a lot lower than regular analog..  is there a way to tweek the volume up on something???


Brad N8PC
 

Yes in the Analog_Bridge.ini file in the /opt/Analog_Bridge Directory look for the following lines and change it to this.
it will give you what your looking for.

dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN                 ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.50                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)


On 11/24/2021 3:18 PM, nh6bf via groups.io wrote:
I have an Allstar/DMR bridge running on a cloud server.  It is connect to a DMR talkgroup and an echolink plus Allstar equipped repeaters.  DMR coming in to the echolink repeater, the volume is a lot lower than regular analog..  is there a way to tweek the volume up on something???
_._,_._,_


nh6bf
 

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 11:43 PM, Brad N8PC wrote:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN                 ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.50                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)
These lines were not in my Analog_Bridge.ini file.  There were tlv and usrp entries that were similar....messing with those, but so far, no increase in DMR audio into the TG.

This is a setup of two analog VHF and UHF repeaters with the intent of adding a DMR talkgroup through a cloud server.  It works, but DMR audio coming out to the TG from the repeaters are very low.


Brad N8PC
 

show us your Analog_Bridge.ini file. even in the cloud you should have those entries

On 11/25/2021 1:33 PM, nh6bf via groups.io wrote:
On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 11:43 PM, Brad N8PC wrote:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN                 ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.50                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)
These lines were not in my Analog_Bridge.ini file.  There were tlv and usrp entries that were similar....messing with those, but so far, no increase in DMR audio into the TG.

This is a setup of two analog VHF and UHF repeaters with the intent of adding a DMR talkgroup through a cloud server.  It works, but DMR audio coming out to the TG from the repeaters are very low.


Steve N4IRS
 

This entries have changed, though the function is the same.
[USRP]
address = 127.0.0.1                     ; IP address of USRP partner (Allstar/Asterisk or another Analog_Bridge)
txPort = 31001                          ; Transmit USRP frames on this port
rxPort = 31001                          ; Listen for USRP frames on this port
usrpAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                 ; Digital -> Analog (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_USE_AGC)
usrpGain = 1.10                         ; Gain factor when usrpAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN (0.0 to 5.0) (1.0 = AUDIO_UNITY)
usrpAGC = -20,10,100                    ; Set the agc threshold (db), slope (db) and decay (ms)
tlvAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Analog -> Digital (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 0.35                          ; Gain factor when tlvAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN (0.0 to 5.0) (1.0 = AUDIO_UNITY)


On 11/25/21 4:18 PM, Brad N8PC wrote:
show us your Analog_Bridge.ini file. even in the cloud you should have those entries

On 11/25/2021 1:33 PM, nh6bf via groups.io wrote:
On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 11:43 PM, Brad N8PC wrote:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN                 ; Audio from ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
dmrGain = 0.50                          ; Gain factor of audio from ASL (0.0-1.0)
These lines were not in my Analog_Bridge.ini file.  There were tlv and usrp entries that were similar....messing with those, but so far, no increase in DMR audio into the TG.

This is a setup of two analog VHF and UHF repeaters with the intent of adding a DMR talkgroup through a cloud server.  It works, but DMR audio coming out to the TG from the repeaters are very low.



Brad N8PC
 

usrpAudio = AUDIO_UNITY
tlvAudio = AUDIO_UNITY

adjust usrpGain < Controls Audio from Allstar
       tlvAudio < Controls Audio from DMR

change those 2 from AUDIO_UNITY to AUDIO_USE_GAIN
then adjust accordingly for the volume you want

On 11/25/2021 5:07 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
This entries have changed, though the function is the same.
[USRP]
address = 127.0.0.1                     ; IP address of USRP partner (Allstar/Asterisk or another Analog_Bridge)
txPort = 31001                          ; Transmit USRP frames on this port
rxPort = 31001                          ; Listen for USRP frames on this port
usrpAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                 ; Digital -> Analog (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_USE_AGC)
usrpGain = 1.10                         ; Gain factor when usrpAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN (0.0 to 5.0) (1.0 = AUDIO_UNITY)
usrpAGC = -20,10,100                    ; Set the agc threshold (db), slope (db) and decay (ms)
tlvAudio = AUDIO_UNITY                  ; Analog -> Digital (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_GAIN, AUDIO_BPF)
tlvGain = 0.35                          ; Gain factor when tlvAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN (0.0 to 5.0) (1.0 = AUDIO_UNITY)

On 11/25/21 4:18 PM, Brad N8PC wrote:


nh6bf
 

Working on these.  Thanks for the help!!!