Do we need more subgroups. #poll

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

A different way to slice this is to have a small set of subgroups that talk about format bridges

AMBE <--> AMBE
AMBE <--> IMBE
DSTAR <--> ANYTHING ELSE

Steve N4IRS

It makes sense but I see the questions Is NXDN AMBE or IMBE?

On 3/13/2019 2:35 PM, Mike Zingman - N4IRR wrote:
A different way to slice this is to have a small set of subgroups that talk about format bridges

AMBE <--> AMBE
AMBE <--> IMBE
DSTAR <--> ANYTHING ELSE

Steve N4IRS

DMR, YSFn, NXDN <-> DMR, YSFn, NXDN
DMR, YSFn, NXDN <-> YSFw, P25
D-Star <-> Any

On 3/13/2019 2:35 PM, Mike Zingman - N4IRR wrote:
A different way to slice this is to have a small set of subgroups that talk about format bridges

AMBE <--> AMBE
AMBE <--> IMBE
DSTAR <--> ANYTHING ELSE

Steve KC1AWV

I'm kind of leaning towards Mike N4IRR's idea. Though, maybe the groups could be broken up to which programs are needed for the mode/network you're bridging. ASL to BM is easier than say ASL to XLX as it only needs AB and MB, but XLX needs DG for DMR as well. Or BM to DStar, you'd need two MBs and ircDDBGW to go to a REF. There's more than one way to skin a cat here. Maybe start with groups for the input system?

ASL <-> DStar REF
ASL <-> XLX
ASL <-> BM

USRP <-> DStar
USRP <-> XLX
USRP <-> BM

etc...

Pierre Martel

I did not read the whole tread but I have been reading a lot of the group question.

Can I suggest something like
A group for planification and general use of the software Like what is needed to do such or such bridge or other good parctice.
Then a group for bridging and transcoding problem ( bad port what ini files and where. stuff like that)

Then a group for each specific software.

Just my 2 cents.

Le mer. 13 mars 2019 à 16:17, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> a écrit :
I'm kind of leaning towards Mike N4IRR's idea. Though, maybe the groups could be broken up to which programs are needed for the mode/network you're bridging. ASL to BM is easier than say ASL to XLX as it only needs AB and MB, but XLX needs DG for DMR as well. Or BM to DStar, you'd need two MBs and ircDDBGW to go to a REF. There's more than one way to skin a cat here. Maybe start with groups for the input system?

ASL <-> DStar REF
ASL <-> XLX
ASL <-> BM

USRP <-> DStar
USRP <-> XLX
USRP <-> BM

etc...

Mike KB8JNM

Mike, I respectfully understand your position, but not many even understand the difference.

Could we settle on a Bridge Subgroup and at least four of the most popular bridge groups (whatever they are)
and a 3rd group of everything else.
To monitor or sort for help reading all of it in 2/3 groups is not much help for anyone involved.

...mike/kb8jnm

They need to be separated by the search/need pattern. I understand that will change over time.