Topics

DV4Mini and DVswitch?

Derek William Haden

Firstly like to point out that I am a noob when it comes to DVSwitch so please be kind.

I am currently using DVswitch on a Rpi as the server and a tablet PC.

I am getting OK audio reports on DMR, it's not perfect but OK. I am using the emulated Codec

I have been offered a DV 4 Mini usb widget, would that improve the audio?

Appreciate any replies.

Corey Dean N3FE

I would stay far far away from the dv4mini stuff but that is just my personal opinion!

On Jun 29, 2020, at 12:54 PM, Derek William Haden <facebook@...> wrote:

Firstly like to point out that I am a noob when it comes to DVSwitch so please be kind.

I am currently using DVswitch on a Rpi as the server and a tablet PC.

I am getting OK audio reports on DMR, it's not perfect but OK. I am using the emulated Codec

I have been offered a DV 4 Mini usb widget, would that improve the audio?

Appreciate any replies.

Aerodan

I've been using a ThumbDV and it's working quite well. Nice, clear audio. Is it worlds better than the MD380 emulator? Nah. But it's good.

Steve N4IRS

Yes, a hardware vocoder is preferred. The question is about a DV4 Mini. Different device. DV4 Mini radio not usable with DVSwitch.

Derek William Haden

Thank you.
Yes looks like I was making the assumption that DV4Mini, had a vocoder, but doesn't.
What I need is a USB vocoder widget like the THUMBDV or equivalent.