DV mega / DV stick 30?

Robert

Happy new year all.

I am currently using DVS server & software vocoder on a pi 3b+. I am looking to improve audio and also gain access to dstar.

I am still new to the digital side of things, is the "DV stick 30" suitable for what I am trying to achieve, or is there something better?

Many thanks & 73
Rob

Jason - WY7JT

I use the ThumbDV with mine, and it works great. Just make sure you have a good power supply. Looks like it's on sale for a little cheaper than the one you were looking at (depends on source and shipping costs though).

73
Jason - WY7JT

Brad N8PC

Yes it will do what you need for DSTAR

On 1/2/2022 2:21 PM, Robert 2E0ZWH wrote:
Happy new year all.

I am currently using DVS server & software vocoder on a pi 3b+. I am looking to improve audio and also gain access to dstar.

I am still new to the digital side of things, is the "DV stick 30" suitable for what I am trying to achieve, or is there something better?

Many thanks & 73
Rob

Brad N8PC

Since he is in the UK the Dvstick 30 would be cheaper for him there.

On 1/2/2022 5:32 PM, Jason - WY7JT wrote:
I use the ThumbDV with mine, and it works great. Just make sure you have a good power supply. Looks like it's on sale for a little cheaper than the one you were looking at (depends on source and shipping costs though).

73
Jason - WY7JT

tbala-delhi

Hi
DVStick 3000 and ThumbDV are same functionality wise but two different companies. Both works fine for me

DStar definitely needs hardware dongle. MD380 will not support DStar

Robert

Brilliant, thanks all.

And yes the "DV stick 30" seems to be the best price in the UK, without getting hammered with import duty / postage costs.

Cheers & 73
Rob