Topics

DVSwitch Dashboard

Tom Corcoran

Edited

has anyone installed a dashboard with dvswitch? I have tried to get the mmdvmhost-dashboard to work without success. It shows current transmission but no LH list. I would be quite happy with a display like the pyUC client has. Or, simple terminal session that displays connected traffic (like the DVLink app). Any thoughts?

--
Tom VE3NY

Steve N4IRS

The dashboard is on my ever expanding todo list.

Steve

On 5/16/20 10:27 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:

have anyone installed a dashboard with dvswitch? I have tried to get the mmdvmhost-dashboard to work without success. It shows current transmission but no LH list. I would be quite happy with a display like the pyUC client has. Or, simple terminal session that displays connected traffic (like the DVLink app). Any thoughts?

--
Tom VE3NY

Jason Turning

It does have a bug I've been meaning to investigate. But a work around is to refresh it when someone is transmitting and it will populate the rest of the dashboard. At least that works consistently here.

Jason - WY7JT

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 4:41 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
The dashboard is on my ever expanding todo list.

Steve

On 5/16/20 10:27 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:

have anyone installed a dashboard with dvswitch? I have tried to get the mmdvmhost-dashboard to work without success. It shows current transmission but no LH list. I would be quite happy with a display like the pyUC client has. Or, simple terminal session that displays connected traffic (like the DVLink app). Any thoughts?

--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

I will give the "refresh" approach a try.

How about the idea idea of opening a terminal session that displays traffic - like pyUC or DVLink?
--
Tnx .. Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Jason … tnx for the suggestion … refresh didn't work at this end.
--
Tom VE3NY

Jason Turning

Speaking of terminal as a work around, you can SSH into the DVSwitch machine and use GNU Screen or Tmux and then use the tail command to show the rolling log. In the shot I have in the top terminal:

tail -f -n 50 /var/log/mmdvm/MMDVM_Bridge-2020-05-18.log

Bottom:

tail -f -n 50 /var/log/dvswitch/Analog_Bridge.log

Or you can run just one version depending on what you want to see. With Screen/Tmux you can detach and later reattach without losing your terminals. You could even make a script to update the MMDVM log on date change or do it manually.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 5:25 AM Tom Corcoran <tcorcoran@...> wrote:
Jason … tnx for the suggestion … refresh didn't work at this end.
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Hello Jason,

great … does what I want. I will still try to make the MMDVMHost-Dashboard work. Do you mind sending me a picture of your "IP Address"/setup.php file. Maybe I've put wrong entry somewhere.
--
tmx very much … Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Jason,

just to be clear … when you suggest "refresh" do you mean recycling the browser? or stopping/starting the refresh link at the bottom of the dashboard page?
--
Tom VE3NY

Tom Corcoran

Hello Jason,

I'm doing something major wrong … my dashboard only shows Dstar Network as "green". All others are red or blank even though I have all modes enables. Hmmm.

--
Tom VE3NY

Stavros Papas

I have problem with Dashboard.
I have copy the files from Download folder to Webroot /var/www/html
where I have Problem I don’t know.

Jason Turning

There is a bug in the code of the page. What works for me is when it shows someone transmitting, I hit reload and then the rest of the page loads.

Jason - WY7JT