DVSwitch HAMVOIP #dvs

John

Hello, I have a MicroHub with a RPi2 and internal Baofeng Radio which is hardwired to the RPi2, I can access the RPi on Allstar (no other modes available) using an RF radio which works well, but that's it. I would like to install DVSwitch to be able to also use the DVSwitch client. The MicroHub installation is from HAMVOIP, I've replaced the HAMVOIP MicroSD card with a MicroSD card running the latest Raspbian operating system and have DMR, YSF etc (USRP protocol) plus Allstar (IAX2 protocol) working absolutely fine which I can access via the DVSwitch client, spent hours on this but can't find a way of using the built in RF radio, has anyone done something similar, or any pointers on how I can use the radio, even if only on Allstar. Thanks in advance. John

Steve N4IRS

John,
If I understand, you have a existing HamVoIP system and you would like to add DVSwitch Server. You want to be able to access the digital modes from DVSwitch Mobile (Android) and from RF. Do I have this correct? If so I can help.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/25/2022 10:36 AM, John-EA5JAV wrote:
Hello, I have a MicroHub with a RPi2 and internal Baofeng Radio which is hardwired to the RPi2, I can access the RPi on Allstar (no other modes available) using an RF radio which works well, but that's it. I would like to install DVSwitch to be able to also use the DVSwitch client. The MicroHub installation is from HAMVOIP, I've replaced the HAMVOIP MicroSD card with a MicroSD card running the latest Raspbian operating system and have DMR, YSF etc (USRP protocol) plus Allstar (IAX2 protocol) working absolutely fine which I can access via the DVSwitch client, spent hours on this but can't find a way of using the built in RF radio, has anyone done something similar, or any pointers on how I can use the radio, even if only on Allstar. Thanks in advance. John

John

Hi Steve, that's exactly it, I have a MicroHub (HAMVOIP) on Allstar only that I obtained from Peter G7RPG a number of years ago, and I would like to access all other digital modes via the DVSwitch Client (Android) and ideally via RF too if possible.
John, EA5JAV/M0JCA

Steve N4IRS

John,
OK, here is what I suggest:
Make sure your system is up to date.
Make a backup copy of your HamVoIP SD card. Make sure both copies work.
Go to the bash shell from the menu.
cd /
wget http://dvswitch.org/hamvoip
chmod +x hamvoip
./hamvoip
reboot

Start Bash shell interface
/usr/local/dvs/dvs
Do basic setup of DVSwitch

now run the firsttime.sh keep all your existing settings and add a IAX password for use with DVSwitch Mobile

You are set. DVSwitch-Server is connected to your private node 1999
The DVSwitch dashboard is at http://your.node.ip.address/dvswitch
Monit is at http://your.node.ip.address:2812

If you get a error, STOP and ask.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/25/2022 12:51 PM, John-EA5JAV wrote:
Hi Steve, that's exactly it, I have a MicroHub (HAMVOIP) on Allstar only that I obtained from Peter G7RPG a number of years ago, and I would like to access all other digital modes via the DVSwitch Client (Android) and ideally via RF too if possible.
John, EA5JAV/M0JCA

John

Thank you Steve, I'll give this a go, appreciate your advice, will let you know how I get on. John

nh6bf

Thanks... got my dvswitch dashboard up!
What's interesting is the "Monit."  Entered the ip:2812, came up with the log in/password box, and trying the stuff in iax.rpt.  no luck!!  Any clues to the log in stanza?

Steve N4IRS

admin admin

On 1/26/2022 9:55 AM, nh6bf via groups.io wrote:
Thanks... got my dvswitch dashboard up!
What's interesting is the "Monit."  Entered the ip:2812, came up with the log in/password box, and trying the stuff in iax.rpt.  no luck!!  Any clues to the log in stanza?

Steve N4IRS

correction:
admin monit

On 1/26/2022 9:55 AM, nh6bf via groups.io wrote:
Thanks... got my dvswitch dashboard up!
What's interesting is the "Monit."  Entered the ip:2812, came up with the log in/password box, and trying the stuff in iax.rpt.  no luck!!  Any clues to the log in stanza?

Steve N4IRS

See /etc/monitrc Line 154

On 1/26/2022 9:55 AM, nh6bf via groups.io wrote:
Thanks... got my dvswitch dashboard up!
What's interesting is the "Monit."  Entered the ip:2812, came up with the log in/password box, and trying the stuff in iax.rpt.  no luck!!  Any clues to the log in stanza?

nh6bf

Thanks, Steve!!! My Shari does Allstar!  Shari receives DMR!  Shari does Monit!   Next, after I figure out what I have, is to add my ThumbDV and then Shari will rule the world!!!

John

Hi Steve,thanks again, DVSwitch part working fine, can now access via USRP so really happy.

For Allstar, I've followed your instructions and ran .firsttime.sh which I found in /usr/local/sbin but my option to check node details etc doesn't work, every time I try to change says "Node Configuration will be run after reboot", even from the main menu.

I looked at /etc/asterisk/iax.conf and notice that [IAXCLIENT] is not there, in the backup I took it was, here are the details prior to the change (have chaned my password below for info purposes to xxxxxx)...

[iaxclient]
type=friend
context=iaxclient
auth=md5
secret=xxxxxxx
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=slin
allow=ulaw
allow=adpcm
transfer=no
codecpriority=Caller

I did insert this into iax.conf, rebooted and tried but no joy, have since removed again.

Router, DVSwitch client on Android all good.

I haven't tested RF side yet, will do that when I get home.

Any clues why I can't connect to IAX2 please, thanks in advance.

John

Steve N4IRS

Did you reboot?
I'm not sure about iaxclient, you could add it if you need it. The install script adds a stanza in you iax.conf (after you run firsttime)

[N4IRS]
type = friend
context = iax-client
auth = md5
secret = bigsecret!
host = dynamic
disallow = all
allow = slin
allow = ulaw
allow = adpcm
transfer = no
codecpriority = Caller
requirecalltoken = no

This is created along with iax-client in extensions.conf so you can use DVSM.

Steve

On 1/26/2022 12:45 PM, John-EA5JAV wrote:
[...]

yeap I rebooted, stanza did not appear to have been added, I just added it manually and getting a step further in that I'm getting a Failure code: 3 Invalid Node number, I've checked the stanza in both iax.conf, extensions.conf and DVS Mobile and all the same, I'll continue to check further when I'm back home after my shift, thanks again!

What's strange when I run firsttime.sh it continually reboots, and I can't get past that menu when I log back in.

Sorry for all the hassle, learning on the job :)

John

Steve N4IRS

Try option 3 on the menu. It will want a reboot.

On 1/26/2022 1:23 PM, John-EA5JAV wrote:
yeap I rebooted, stanza did not appear to have been added, I just added it manually and getting a step further in that I'm getting a Failure code: 3 Invalid Node number, I've checked the stanza in both iax.conf, extensions.conf and DVS Mobile and all the same, I'll continue to check further when I'm back home after my shift, thanks again!

What's strange when I run firsttime.sh it continually reboots, and I can't get past that menu when I log back in.

Sorry for all the hassle, learning on the job :)

John

John

Just did that and same, I'll backup the original card again and try again tomorrow, this time I'll do it from home and not remotely, I'll let you know what happens Steve, thanks

Steve N4IRS

OK,
I think you can use option 3 rather then running the firsttime.sh script. I would suggest you run option 1 and get any available updates. Then option 3. After reboot see if you can run through changing settings (it shows you the existing settings, so you don't actually have to change anything) If that works, then do the DVSwitch install. Where I tell you to use firsttime.sh, use option 3.

Steve

On 1/26/2022 2:00 PM, John-EA5JAV wrote:
Just did that and same, I'll backup the original card again and try again tomorrow, this time I'll do it from home and not remotely, I'll let you know what happens Steve, thanks

John

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a go and let you know

John

Hi Steve, tried everything you suggested but getting same issue, after running option 3 then firsttime.sh get a message "node configuration will be run after reboot" but after reboot nothing in menu for node configuration. RF and Echolink Bridge still work for allstar, just can't access allstar via DVSwitch Mobile.

I can't see a new stanza created either, so I've manually entered the one you pasted and it tried to connect but errors with "Failure code: (3) Invalid Node number"

I have Allstar and DVSwitch working perfecty on another Raspberry PI running Raspbian (I installed latest image from Allstar first, then manually installed DVSwitch) but without RF, which I was hoping to get (RF) working on HAMVOIP box.

I don't mind using allstar via Echolink or RF, and at least I have DVSwitch for DMR, P25 etc on same box now.

Many thanks, John

Steve N4IRS

John,
So, do understand correctly, after restoring the backup and BEFORE installing DVSwitch Server, option 3 did not take you to setup node number etc after a reboot?

On 1/27/2022 12:58 PM, John-EA5JAV wrote:
[...]

Thats correct Steve, I've attached a screenshot of my menu items, let me restore from the backup again and I'll double-check and let you know