DVSwitch.ini was not found #mmdvm_bridge

Komkit Listisard

Hello,

In mmdvm_bridge.service I set an environment to Environment=DVSwitch=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge4/DVSwitch4.ini

The file is there working directory is there.

But mmdvm_bridge4 log is telling the DVSWitch.ini was not found.  However I told it to look for DVSwitch4.ini. But it kept looking for DVSwitch.ini

But as soon as I copied DVSwitch4.ini to DVSwitch.ini without number 4, the mmdvm_bridge4 is happy like a pig in the mud, no issue no complaint.

What am I missing here? Why couldn't I use DVSwitch4.ini.

For the record.  I have DVSwitch1, 2 and 3 running of sepatate instances, they all working fine no issue.

This time with #4 all of the sudden I am having and issue, I could not figured it out.

73, Kit

Steve N4IRS

Show your complete mmdvm_bridge.service

On 9/15/2021 6:52 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
Hello,

In mmdvm_bridge.service I set an environment to Environment=DVSwitch=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge4/DVSwitch4.ini

The file is there working directory is there.

But mmdvm_bridge4 log is telling the DVSWitch.ini was not found.  However I told it to look for DVSwitch4.ini. But it kept looking for DVSwitch.ini

But as soon as I copied DVSwitch4.ini to DVSwitch.ini without number 4, the mmdvm_bridge4 is happy like a pig in the mud, no issue no complaint.

What am I missing here? Why couldn't I use DVSwitch4.ini.

For the record.  I have DVSwitch1, 2 and 3 running of sepatate instances, they all working fine no issue.

This time with #4 all of the sudden I am having and issue, I could not figured it out.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

Here is the mmdvm_bridge4.service

[Unit]
Description=MMDVM_Bridge Service4
# Description=Place this file in /lib/systemd/system
# Description=N4IRS 09/10/2020

After=netcheck.service
Requires=netcheck.service

[Service]
Type=simple
Restart=always
RestartSec=3
Restart=on-abort
StandardOutput=null
WorkingDirectory=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge4
Environment=DVSwitch=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge4/DVSwitch4.ini
ExecStartPre = /bin/sh -c 'echo "Starting MMDVM_Bridge: [`date +%%T.%%3N`]" >> /var/log/netcheck'
ExecStart=/opt/MMDVM_Bridge4/MMDVM_Bridge4 /opt/MMDVM_Bridge4/MMDVM_Bridge4.ini
ExecReload=/bin/kill -HUP $MAINPID
KillMode=process

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

73, Kit

Steve N4IRS

I don't see anything wrong with your service..
That being said, since you set the workingdirectory and the execstart, why rename MMDVM_Bridge, MMDVM_Bridge.ini and DVSwitch.ini ?

Steve N4IRS

On 9/15/2021 8:36 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Steve,

Since this is my 4th instance of MMDMV_Bridge. I just renamed them so it would be easier for me to chasing them down when I have an issue and much easier when I list the UDP ports, so I know who is who and who is using what port.

Not sure why with other three instances I do not have an issue.

73, Kit

Steve N4IRS

OK,
And if you number it as 5, what happens?

On 9/15/2021 9:20 AM, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
Steve,

Since this is my 4th instance of MMDMV_Bridge. I just renamed them so it would be easier for me to chasing them down when I have an issue and much easier when I list the UDP ports, so I know who is who and who is using what port.

Not sure why with other three instances I do not have an issue.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

Steve,

Not sure,  haven't there  (yet).

For now, I will just use DVSwitch.ini in the /opt/MMDMV_Bridge4/ since DVSwitch.ini does not show up on the UDP ports listing anyway.   As long as MMDVM_bridge4 show up,  since I like to documenting things as I go, much easier for the house keeping.

I will try 5 when I have the need :)

Thank you for your help as always.

73, Kit

Komkit Listisard

Steve,

Got it working somehow.

I deleted the mmdvm_bridge4.service and re-entered again from scratch exactly as it was.   This time it work no issue.

I have no idea what was the problem!!!

The only thing I can think of was my editor "nona" must have inserted some strange hidden characters or something.  I have no clue.

root@xlx1:/lib/systemd/system# systemctl start mmdvm_bridge4
root@xlx1:/lib/systemd/system# systemctl status mmdvm_bridge4
● mmdvm_bridge4.service - MMDVM_Bridge Service 4
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge4.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-09-15 09:50:08 EDT; 3s ago
  Process: 8955 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c echo "Starting MMDVM_Bridge: [`date +%T.%3N`]" >> /var/log/netcheck (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 8959 (MMDVM_Bridge4)
    Tasks: 2 (limit: 1148)
   Memory: 27.4M
   CGroup: /system.slice/mmdvm_bridge4.service
           └─8959 /opt/MMDVM_Bridge4/MMDVM_Bridge4 /opt/MMDVM_Bridge4/MMDVM_Bridge4.ini

Sep 15 09:50:08 w3kit-xlx1 systemd[1]: Starting MMDVM_Bridge Service 4...
Sep 15 09:50:08 w3kit-xlx1 systemd[1]: Started MMDVM_Bridge Service 4.

73, Kit