DVSwitch P25 link

Scotty 2543G KD2LWH

Hey guys,
A while ago I had a DVSwitch server setup connected to my friends P25 reflector/server/whatever it's called and would use pyUC to talk to him while he was on his radio. I'm trying to figure out how to do this again, can't find anything to help me. Basically, trying to do as follows.

pyUC Client -> DVSwitch Server -> Our P25 Reflector -> Mike's Hotspot -> Mike's Radio

I had it working in the past, but haven't the slightest clue where to start to get it running again. Anybody know what article I may have used last time, or have a guide? Thanks

Steve N4IRS

On 5/26/21 10:15 PM, Scotty 2543G KD2LWH wrote:
Hey guys,
A while ago I had a DVSwitch server setup connected to my friends P25 reflector/server/whatever it's called and would use pyUC to talk to him while he was on his radio. I'm trying to figure out how to do this again, can't find anything to help me. Basically, trying to do as follows.

pyUC Client -> DVSwitch Server -> Our P25 Reflector -> Mike's Hotspot -> Mike's Radio

I had it working in the past, but haven't the slightest clue where to start to get it running again. Anybody know what article I may have used last time, or have a guide? Thanks

Scotty 2543G KD2LWH

That HTML Client is actually pretty cool, but I wouldn't know the first thing about setting it up lmao

Scotty 2543G KD2LWH

Also just an FYI, that first link doesn't download a PDF or show any clear one. Just bring you to the home page.

Steve N4IRS

Did you read the documentation link for the HTML client? LMAO

<http://dvswitch.org/DVSwitch_install.pdf> The other link assumes you have joined the server sub group.

On 5/26/21 11:36 PM, Scotty 2543G KD2LWH wrote:
Also just an FYI, that first link doesn't download a PDF or show any clear one. Just bring you to the home page.

Scotty 2543G KD2LWH

I'm gonna try the HTML client install later, but for now I have a question. Is there any way to hotkey a button for transmit PTT on pyUC? It'd be pretty cool to just hold down a key to talk.

Steve N4IRS

Try the space bar.

On 5/27/2021 1:27 PM, Scotty 2543G KD2LWH wrote:
I'm gonna try the HTML client install later, but for now I have a question. Is there any way to hotkey a button for transmit PTT on pyUC? It'd be pretty cool to just hold down a key to talk.

Scotty 2543G KD2LWH

Hitting space doesn't key it up, nor do I see an option to do such. I worked as a public safety dispatcher for a time and think it would be awesome to have a selectable PTT button, which should be relatively simple in python from what i've been told. Of course, I have no clue how to do it. Just saying, being able to push F7 as PTT would be cool. just like my old job lmao