DVSWITCH USRP registration drops when idle for a few minutes

krugaber@...

I have two different Android devices running dvswitch mobile to the same dvswitch server.
When I register a USRP service and select a DMR TG it works fine as long as I am in a QSO.  But as soon as I let it sit idle for a few minutes it automatically becomes unregistered.

Have checked again and again both mobile setups and can not find anything wrong.
Have looked in the setup of the server and haven't found anything yet but still looking.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ken Rugaber  KC9QV

Steve N4IRS

Have you checked and turned off battery optimization on your Android devices.

On 5/9/2021 8:54 PM, krugaber@... wrote:
I have two different Android devices running dvswitch mobile to the same dvswitch server.
When I register a USRP service and select a DMR TG it works fine as long as I am in a QSO.  But as soon as I let it sit idle for a few minutes it automatically becomes unregistered.

Have checked again and again both mobile setups and can not find anything wrong.
Have looked in the setup of the server and haven't found anything yet but still looking.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ken Rugaber  KC9QV

krugaber@...

Just checked and both have it turned off.

Steve N4IRS

Is this when using cellular or wifi (or both)

krugaber@...

Steve,  Problem solved!!  i am using NOIP.COM to direct traffic to the public of my router and then on to my Allstar Node as well as my DVSWITCH server.  The only time I have an issue is when I am at home and do this using USRP for digital contacts on DMR.  So if at home I now use the DVSWITCH Lan IP address and all is good.  When away from I use my service provider cell hotspot and all is well.

There others in our group that don't have the issue but they are using different routers.  Mine is a Netgear.

Thanks for your help.  The divide and conquer routine did its job.

73,

Ken KC9QV

Mike Zingman - N4IRR

Yes, many routers have problems with "hairpin" routes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairpinning