DVSwitch Very Low Mic Audio

Gary <garyggc@...>

Hi,
My DVSwitch mic audio is far too low when connected to my Allstar node inside (on WiFi), even tested to the Parrot.
The node is working 100%. It's just my DVSwitch tx audio from the Android Head Unit in the car.
Yep, hands free phone works good from the same Head Unit, even have external mic now!

Any ideas?
So close!

Regards,
Gary, VK6GC/VK7GG

David k7iou

Edited

Check your power supply, I had an issue with Allstar in CLI not responding to dtmf commands. While investigating I noticed I also had low TX audio. Turned out it was the power supply, changed back to my primary PS and it resolved the issues.
Good luck!

Patrick Perdue

Some of that could just be bad/suboptimal  mic placement combined with your  distance from the microphone, and of course, not all devices are created equal.

With my Moto E6, I had to turn the level down significantly, because it was just way too hot by default. It went into digital clipping, especially on IAX connections. It seems to work best at around 25%. I had to turn it down even more when I was experimenting with running DVSwitch on a Fire tablet, which has an absolutely terrible built-in microphone. It worked much better with a class-compliant USB mic connected to an OTG cable.

On 4/18/2022 5:50 AM, Gary wrote:

Hi,
My DVSwitch mic audio is far too low when connected to my Allstar node inside (on WiFi), even tested to the Parrot.
The node is working 100%. It's just my DVSwitch tx audio from the Android Head Unit in the car.
Yep, hands free phone works good from the same Head Unit, even have external mic now!

Any ideas?
So close!

Regards,
Gary, VK6GC/VK7GG

Gary <garyggc@...>

Thanks David, PSU fine. DTMF and everything else works. Just very low mic audio from the Android DVSwitch tablet.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 9:08 PM David k7iou <k7iou1@...> wrote:
Check your power supply, I had an issue with Allstar in CLI not responding to dtmf commands. While investigating I noticed I also had low audio. Turned out it was the power supply, changed back to my primary PS and it resolved the issues.
Good luck!

Gary <garyggc@...>

Thanks Patrick. The Android tablet Head Unit is in the car. I shout as loud as I can into the mic, using DVSwitch! The same machine works fine on the hands free phone app!

On 4/18/2022 5:50 AM, Gary wrote:

Hi,
My DVSwitch mic audio is far too low when connected to my Allstar node inside (on WiFi), even tested to the Parrot.
The node is working 100%. It's just my DVSwitch tx audio from the Android Head Unit in the car.
Yep, hands free phone works good from the same Head Unit, even have external mic now!

Any ideas?
So close!

Regards,
Gary, VK6GC/VK7GG

Gary <garyggc@...>

DVSM works great from my wifes' Android Amazon tablet to my Hamvoip Allstar Node in the house.

So, the too low mic level problem must be with the Chinese Android car Head Unit firmware! (hands free calls work fine!)

So I guess that's the end of trying to getting a remote setup in the mobile!    I was so close!

Thanks to all for you replies.