DVSwitch voice works just fine on C4FM but it's not allowed on Wires-x

IK7VXC Mike

Hi guys. This is an issue I ran across while having a QSO in the Italian "Room Italy" (IT-YSFROOM-ITALY). Some hams (on C4FM) hear me just fine (and with excellent audio as well), while others (on Wires-x) claim they hear nothing.
Someone pointed out that transmissions through DVSwitch are not allowed on the Wires-x platform (which to me it's really unfair!). And that's probably a matter of RADIO ID missing or something. Is this true?
Isn't there anything that can be implemented to solve this issue?

Thank you

Steve N4IRS

Please show the output of:
/opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh version all

On 1/30/21 4:36 AM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
Hi guys. This is an issue I ran across while having a QSO in the Italian "Room Italy" (IT-YSFROOM-ITALY). Some hams (on C4FM) hear me just fine (and with excellent audio as well), while others (on Wires-x) claim they hear nothing.
Someone pointed out that transmissions through DVSwitch are not allowed on the Wires-x platform (which to me it's really unfair!). And that's probably a matter of RADIO ID missing or something. Is this true?
Isn't there anything that can be implemented to solve this issue?

Thank you

IK7VXC Mike

Edited

Thanks Steve for your prompt reply. I'm attaching the screenshots that my friend - who runs the server - sent me. I must specify that he uses dvlink (so I don't know if that is a game changer).

https://ibb.co/1dMXmxZ

https://ibb.co/bmdYyLK

Steve N4IRS

I need the text output from your computer running DVSwitch.
Please show the output of /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/dvswitch.sh version all

On 2/1/21 6:06 AM, IK7VXC Mike wrote:
Thanks Steve for your prompt reply. I'm attaching the screenshots that my friend - who runs the server - sent me. I must specify that he uses dvlink (so I don't know if that is a game changer).

https://ibb.co/1dMXmxZ
https://ibb.co/bmdYyLK

IK7VXC Mike

Sorry Steve, I only run DVSwitch mobile on my smartphone. And I couldn't seem to find the /opt directory. Please excuse my inexperience.

Steve N4IRS

DVSwitch Mobile connects to a server.

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of IK7VXC Mike <gammaproject@...>
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 5:43:03 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] DVSwitch voice works just fine on C4FM but it's not allowed on Wires-x

Sorry Steve, I only run DVSwitch mobile on my smartphone. And I couldn't seem to find the /opt directory. Please excuse my inexperience.

IK7VXC Mike

Well in this case have you checked out the 2 links of my first reply? The answer should be here: https://ibb.co/bmdYyLK

and it says:

pi@....0>opt/AB-SECUNDARIOS/IK7VXC65/dvswitch.sh version all
dvswitch.sh 1.5.9
Analog_Bridge version 1.5.9
MMDVM_Bridge version 20200727_v1.5.9 git #1eb5de7
pi@....0>

Mike

Steve N4IRS

You are running older versions of software. 

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of IK7VXC Mike <gammaproject@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 3:31:32 AM
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] DVSwitch voice works just fine on C4FM but it's not allowed on Wires-x

Well in this case have you checked out the 2 links of my first reply? The answer should be here: https://ibb.co/bmdYyLK

and it says:

pi@....0>opt/AB-SECUNDARIOS/IK7VXC65/dvswitch.sh version all
dvswitch.sh 1.5.9
Analog_Bridge version 1.5.9
MMDVM_Bridge version 20200727_v1.5.9 git #1eb5de7
pi@....0>

Mike

IK7VXC Mike

Thank you

bill richardson

I'm seeing this same issue with my DVswitch Mobile setup also. Doing some testing from openspot3 using D-STAR to C4FM I am only heard on the reflector FCS00339 and not heard out over the wires-x repeater (RF side) Using DVswitch Mobile I see the same effect. When I run a hotspot using a Yaesu C4FM radio C4FM to C4FM all works fine. I would love to find a way to get DVswitch working so I'm heard on the RF side of the repeaters. Anyone have any thoughts on how to make this work?

Here is my version output:

/dvswitch.sh version all
dvswitch.sh version 1.6.1
Analog_Bridge version 1.6.4
MMDVM_Bridge version 20210520_V1.6.8 git #3cfcf23
P25Gateway version 20200824
NXDNGateway version 20200824
YSFGateway version 20200908

Thank you Bill NG1P

Steve N4IRS

We are working on YSF. No further info at this time.

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of bill richardson <ng1p.bill@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 4:21:34 PM

I'm seeing this same issue with my DVswitch Mobile setup also. Doing some testing from openspot3 using D-STAR to C4FM I am only heard on the reflector FCS00339 and not heard out over the wires-x repeater (RF side) Using DVswitch Mobile I see the same effect. When I run a hotspot using a Yaesu C4FM radio C4FM to C4FM all works fine. I would love to find a way to get DVswitch working so I'm heard on the RF side of the repeaters. Anyone have any thoughts on how to make this work?

/dvswitch.sh version all

Thank you Bill NG1P

bill richardson

Thank you Steve. 

On Nov 18, 2021, at 4:44 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

We are working on YSF. No further info at this time.

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of bill richardson <ng1p.bill@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 4:21:34 PM

/dvswitch.sh version all

Thank you Bill NG1P