Topics

DVSwitch XLX C4FM (YSF)

Bruno

Hi,
Version 2.3.4 of the XLX server offers the possibility of connecting to the XLX server in C4FM YSF mode. With the DVSwitch we have the possibility to connect with the XLX server. How after the connection move through the modules that make up the XLX.
Module A, B, C, D, etc ...
There is a command to pass to change the module with the DVSwitch. Maybe a macro to position in dvsm.macro.

Thank you for your answers
Good work on all of the developments, well done to all.

73's
F1PTL Bruno
--

Adrian Fewster

It is not possible to determine the YSF connect module from any external system, other than radio wires-x function, with no YSFGateway in the connect path.,

i.e direct connect from mmdvmhost., such that xlxd can read the wires-x traffic.

The default module connect is defined in main.h with autolink enabled in xlxd src.

#define YSF_AUTOLINK_ENABLE             1                                   // 1 = enable, 0 = disable auto-link
#define YSF_AUTOLINK_MODULE             'D'

Any YSF connection traffic is immediately converted to DMR within xlxd, and two xlxd YSF connects cannot transfer data (incl GPS) to each other.

Adrian ... vk4tux

On 8/1/20 7:02 pm, Bruno wrote:
Hi,
Version 2.3.4 of the XLX server offers the possibility of connecting to the XLX server in C4FM YSF mode. With the DVSwitch we have the possibility to connect with the XLX server. How after the connection move through the modules that make up the XLX.
Module A, B, C, D, etc ...
There is a command to pass to change the module with the DVSwitch. Maybe a macro to position in dvsm.macro.

Thank you for your answers
Good work on all of the developments, well done to all.

73's
F1PTL Bruno
--

Bruno

Hello Andrian,
Thank you for your response, I already use this default configuration for the Y module on the XLX425 (YSF-France.fr).
If there is no possibility from the DVSwitch to change the module it does not matter. With C4FM radio sets, you can change XLX modules. Thank you for the info.

My best wishes to all.
73's
F1PTL Bruno

Eric-K6KWB

Adrian,
Is this supposed to be enable all the time what ever the circumstances is? Or only for wires-x? Sorry guys I know its not a DVS question : )
#define YSF_AUTOLINK_ENABLE             1                                   // 1 = enable, 0 = disable auto-link
thanks, Eric

Adrian Fewster

All it does is auto connect a nominated module to the YSF client on first connect.

Without this feature you can connect to XLX (seen in repeaters/nodes) in limbo with no module allocated until a radio wires-x request is done to do so from the client system,

Once done, then in comms with that module and seen in users/modules.