Emulator timed out on encode!

G4WXN@...

Edited

DVSwitch server connected to BM.

MMDVM_bridge log says that it's logging in correctly.

I have a selfcare account with BM and password set.

When I try to transmit from the client I get this error in the analogue bridge log.

"Emulator timed out on encode!"

After that happens the whole system appears to lock up.

This also happens on DMR plus.

appreciate any help.

--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

Can you receive DMR?
Is the emulator running?
Please show your AB.ini

On 3/11/21 1:56 PM, G4WXN@... wrote:
DVSwitch server connected to BM.

MMDVM_bridge log says that it's logging in correctly.

I have a selfcare account with BM and password set.

When I try to transmit from the client I get this error in the analogue bridge log.

"Emulator timed out on encode!"

After that happens the whole system appears to lock up.

appreciate any help.

--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

I was seeing activity on the android device, but no audio.

How can I test to see if the emulator is running?

AB.ini file attached.

Thanks for your time.
--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

These are the settings for you to look at:

[GENERAL]

; General vocoder setup information
decoderFallBack = false            ; Allow software AMBE decoding if a hardware decoder is not found
useEmulator = false                ; Use the MD380 AMBE emulator for AMBE72 (DMR/YSFN/NXDN)
emulatorAddress = 127.0.0.1:2470   ; IP address and port of the md380 server

[DV3000]
;address = 127.0.0.1               ; IP address of AMBEServer
;rxPort = 2471                     ; Port of AMBEServer
address = /dev/ttyUSB0             ; Device of DV3000U on this machine
baud = 460800                      ; Baud rate of the dongle (230400 or 460800)
serial = true                      ; Use serial=true for direct connect or serial=false for AMBEServer

You are not set to use the emulator or fall back to the vocoder built into Analog_Bridge
You are setup to use a hardware vocoder plugged into the USB port

If this is not what you want, fix the settings above.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/12/21 4:55 AM, G4WXN@... wrote:
I was seeing activity on the android device, but no audio.

How can I test to see if the emulator is running?

AB.ini file attached.

Thanks for your time.
--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

Sorry, posted the AB.ini from the Rpi I use for DStar

The correct one is now attached.

All was working fine early yesterday, the only problem I had at the time was that i was only seeing DMR ids on the client.

I ran DVSM_update after that this issue started.

--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

OK, that's clean.
to verify emulator is running:
systemctl status md380-emu

On 3/12/21 6:35 AM, G4WXN@... wrote:

Sorry, posted the AB.ini from the Rpi I use for DStar

The correct one is now attached.

All was working fine early yesterday, the only problem I had at the time was that i was only seeing DMR ids on the client.

I ran DVSM_update after that this issue started.

--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

Here's the output from that.
Looks like the emulator is running.
---------------------
● md380-emu.service - MD-380 Emulator Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/md380-emu.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2021-03-12 11:07:12 GMT; 36min ago
 Main PID: 875 (md380-emu)
    Tasks: 1 (limit: 2062)
   CGroup: /system.slice/md380-emu.service
           └─875 /opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470

Mar 12 11:07:12 DVSwitch4 systemd[1]: Started MD-380 Emulator Service.

--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

Yes it is.

On 3/12/21 6:44 AM, G4WXN@... wrote:
Here's the output from that.
Looks like the emulator is running.
---------------------
● md380-emu.service - MD-380 Emulator Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/md380-emu.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2021-03-12 11:07:12 GMT; 36min ago
 Main PID: 875 (md380-emu)
    Tasks: 1 (limit: 2062)
   CGroup: /system.slice/md380-emu.service
           └─875 /opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470

Mar 12 11:07:12 DVSwitch4 systemd[1]: Started MD-380 Emulator Service.

--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

All looks good in the AB log until I press PTT and then the error

Emulator timed out on encode!

I have another install of DVS on a netbook which I normally use for DMR+ and FreeDMR, I switched that over to Brandmeister and all worked fine.

Anything else I can do to test, before I wipe the card and start again?

--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

Stop the emulator:
systemctl stop md380-emu

Check for another instance running:
pa ax | grep md380-emu

On 3/12/21 6:58 AM, G4WXN@... wrote:
All looks good in the AB log until I press PTT and then the error

Emulator timed out on encode!

I have another install of DVS on a netbook which I normally use for DMR+ and FreeDMR, I switched that over to Brandmeister and all worked fine.

Anything else I can do to test, before I wipe the card and start again?

--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

I assumed you meant ps and not pa

ps ax | grep md380-emu

974 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto md380-emu

--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

Yes,
Only one copy running. Start over

On 3/12/21 7:08 AM, G4WXN@... wrote:
I assumed you meant ps and not pa

ps ax | grep md380-emu

974 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto md380-emu

--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

Made a fresh SD card from a known good image, still same problem.

Could there be a hardware error with the Rpi?

I'm really clutching at straws now.

--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

When you say, "known good image" ???

On 3/12/21 2:34 PM, G4WXN@... wrote:
Made a fresh SD card from a known good image, still same problem.

Could there be a hardware error with the Rpi?

I'm really clutching at straws now.

--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

Edited

I have 2 Rpi one I use for DStar with a USB dongle and the other on DMR (mostly BM, but other networks too).

I took an image of the "DStar" Rpi SD card, wrote it to a card, and put that on the Rpi I am having problems with, modified the various files so that all the IDs etc were the same as the other Rpi. Amend AB.ini to use the emulator.

Yet I still get the same "Emulator timed out on encode!" error.

Interestingly I found another (unresolved) thread with the same error.

--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

You never answered, what is the source image

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

I have 2 Rpi one I use for DStar with a USB dongle and the other on DMR (mostly BM, but other networks too).

I took an image of the "DStar" Rpi SD card, wrote it to a card, and put that on the Rpi I am having problems with, modified the various files so that all the IDs etc were the same as the other Rpi. Amend AB.ini to use the emulator.

Yet I still get the same "Emulator timed out on encode!" error.

Interestingly I found another (unresolved) thread with the same error.

--
Derek

G4WXN

If all settings are correct in Analog_Bridge. And md380-emu is giving errors. I fixed my problems by removing it and then reinstalling. Use remove --purge. Something gets corrupt.

G4WXN@...

Edited

Ernie, thanks for the reply.

do you simply remove the emulator, or the whole DVS setup?

--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

The image is Raspbian a raw install, and then used the brute force script to install DVS.

--
Derek

G4WXN

Just md380-emu