Topics

Error code help #dmrlink


ai6bx
 

Has anyone run across the authentication error messages below?

root@AI6BX-DMR:~# tail -f /var/log/dmrlink/dmrlink.log
INFO (ALL IPSC SYSTEMS) Rule timer loop started
WARNING (RIFFNET) AuthError: IPSC packet failed authentication. Type 52: Peer: 1347701760, 149.28.84.243:54009
INFO (RIFFNET) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 45.56.180.181:62040
 
ERROR (RIFFNET) Unknown Message - Type: f0 From: 734566 Packet: f0000b35664a531000
WARNING (RIFFNET) AuthError: IPSC packet failed authentication. Type 52: Peer: 1347701760, 149.28.84.243:54009
INFO (RIFFNET) Master Registration Packet Received from peer 734566, 45.56.180.181:62040
 


KK4ZMG Richard
 

I have a similar error.
AuthError: IPSC packet failed authentication. Type 80:

any ideas any one?


Cort N0MJS
 

Can you post the entire log line and a few above and below, please, and something about the setup of your system – what's a master, what's a peer... so that I can assess what device is sending a packet, and at what position in the stream it is.

You guys also need to realize that not everything that gets logged at the ERROR level means something is broken.


KK4ZMG Richard
 

I have a Motrola xpr 8300 as a master. dmrlink is the peer. the configuration is IPSC_Bridge to HB_Bridge to HBlink3. 

we get connection and audio from the server to the repeater to the radios. but when you go radio to repeater to IPSC_Bridge. IPSC_Bridge puts out that error and nothing gets sent to HB_Bridge.

Thanks for the help.


Cort N0MJS
 

Yep – that’s what it looks like – Group voice packets from the repeater failing authentication. How long was the transmission, roughly?

On Dec 16, 2019, at 5:38 PM, KK4ZMG Richard via Groups.Io <kk4zmg@...> wrote:

I have a Motrola xpr 8300 as a master. dmrlink is the peer. the configuration is IPSC_Bridge to HB_Bridge to HBlink3. 

we get connection and audio from the server to the repeater to the radios. but when you go radio to repeater to IPSC_Bridge. IPSC_Bridge puts out that error and nothing gets sent to HB_Bridge.

Thanks for the help. <dmrlink error>

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206


KK4ZMG Richard
 

The transmission lengths would vary between a couple seconds to 20++ seconds. with same results. 

 


Cort N0MJS
 

Always the same number of authentication error packets regardless of the transmission length?


On Dec 16, 2019, at 7:13 PM, KK4ZMG Richard via Groups.Io <kk4zmg@...> wrote:

The transmission lengths would vary between a couple seconds to 20++ seconds. with same results. 

 


KK4ZMG Richard
 

no there will be more depending on length. scrolling about the same speed as import_datagrammReceived when it is repeating a transmission from HB_Bridge.


Cort N0MJS
 

Looks like all of the packets from the incoming voice stream are failing as authentication. I’d never seen a case like that previously, where the link establishment ones pass, but the voice stream doesn’t.

I don’t have even a single MOTOTRBO repeater anymore. When I sold the last one was when I stopped developing DMRlink.

Could be some fluke with the password, some extra Motorola gratuitous feature enabled, or if you’re running the latest firmware, I suppose they might have changed IPSC somehow.


On Dec 16, 2019, at 7:24 PM, KK4ZMG Richard via Groups.Io <kk4zmg@...> wrote:

no there will be more depending on length. scrolling about the same speed as import_datagrammReceived when it is repeating a transmission from HB_Bridge.


KK4zmg
 

Weird. Well we're going to swap the machine for a known good one. Going to do more testing in the home lab than the repeater site.


On Tue, Dec 17, 2019, 7:05 AM Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks like all of the packets from the incoming voice stream are failing as authentication. I’d never seen a case like that previously, where the link establishment ones pass, but the voice stream doesn’t.

I don’t have even a single MOTOTRBO repeater anymore. When I sold the last one was when I stopped developing DMRlink.

Could be some fluke with the password, some extra Motorola gratuitous feature enabled, or if you’re running the latest firmware, I suppose they might have changed IPSC somehow.


On Dec 16, 2019, at 7:24 PM, KK4ZMG Richard via Groups.Io <kk4zmg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

no there will be more depending on length. scrolling about the same speed as import_datagrammReceived when it is repeating a transmission from HB_Bridge.


Cort N0MJS
 

IPSC was reverse engineered. There’s way more I don’t know about it than what I do. Mostly I figured it out by brute force, and a few folks stepped up in the early days with nuggets of info that helped. There’s going to be a lot about it we don’t ever know.

I’d recommend simply trying to change the password, flip the master/peer relationship, strip down to the basics in the subscribers and if applicable, the repeater (no enhanced channel access, tx interrupt, etc) and start from there.

On Dec 17, 2019, at 6:08 AM, KK4zmg <kk4zmg@...> wrote:

Weird. Well we're going to swap the machine for a known good one. Going to do more testing in the home lab than the repeater site.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019, 7:05 AM Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io <n0mjs=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looks like all of the packets from the incoming voice stream are failing as authentication. I’d never seen a case like that previously, where the link establishment ones pass, but the voice stream doesn’t.

I don’t have even a single MOTOTRBO repeater anymore. When I sold the last one was when I stopped developing DMRlink.

Could be some fluke with the password, some extra Motorola gratuitous feature enabled, or if you’re running the latest firmware, I suppose they might have changed IPSC somehow.


On Dec 16, 2019, at 7:24 PM, KK4ZMG Richard via Groups.Io <kk4zmg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

no there will be more depending on length. scrolling about the same speed as import_datagrammReceived when it is repeating a transmission from HB_Bridge.



Cort Buffington
785-865-7206


ai6bx
 

Richard,

Did you make any progress on solving this? I took a bit of a break on my project over the holidays and am stepping back in. I noticed Cort's comment about a potential firmware glitch so took a look at several of my 8300 machines as I have firmware ranging from 2.03 to 2.09, one of the latest versions before they jumped to the new CPS system. I do see this on the 2.09 machine and not on the 2.03 version. I may try to drop back on the firmware to see if that resolves the issue on that unit.

Keith - AI6BX


KK4zmg
 

It was solved by turning off authentication. The machine connects to a raspberry pi within the network that converts it to mmdvm to the main hblink server. So the authentication was a little redundant.

In the future may play with it again but right now everything is working.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020, 7:36 PM ai6bx via Groups.Io <ai6bx.keith=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Richard,

Did you make any progress on solving this? I took a bit of a break on my project over the holidays and am stepping back in. I noticed Cort's comment about a potential firmware glitch so took a look at several of my 8300 machines as I have firmware ranging from 2.03 to 2.09, one of the latest versions before they jumped to the new CPS system. I do see this on the 2.09 machine and not on the 2.03 version. I may try to drop back on the firmware to see if that resolves the issue on that unit.

Keith - AI6BX