Topics

error no node connection

Jed Barton

Hey guys,

Trying to help my friend setup his dvswitch client on android to
connect to his allstar node. So when he connects, it just says node
1998. What does he need to do? I forgot?
The voice speaks node number 1998.
Cheers,

Jed

Steve N4IRS

I assume it HAMVOIP. This is from them <https://hamvoip.org/howto/iaxrpt-config.pdf> Start at page 6.

On 12/2/20 9:02 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

Trying to help my friend setup his dvswitch client on android to
connect to his allstar node. So when he connects, it just says node
1998. What does he need to do? I forgot?
The voice speaks node number 1998.
Cheers,

Jed

Jed Barton

roger that. stand by. we'll take a look. just wasn't sure if it was
something in the node itself.

On 12/2/20, Steve N4IRS <szingman@msgstor.com> wrote:
I assume it HAMVOIP. This is from them
<https://hamvoip.org/howto/iaxrpt-config.pdf> Start at page 6.

On 12/2/20 9:02 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

Trying to help my friend setup his dvswitch client on android to
connect to his allstar node. So when he connects, it just says node
1998. What does he need to do? I forgot?
The voice speaks node number 1998.
Cheers,

Jed

Steve N4IRS

I have seen this way too often. HAMVOIP is stupid. They hard code node number 1998 rather then using a variable. This forces the user to edit the stanza rather then a simple variable. For a system that claims to be smarter then ASL, not so much.

In my not so humble opinion.

Steve N4IRS

On 12/2/20 9:20 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
roger that. stand by. we'll take a look. just wasn't sure if it was
something in the node itself.

On 12/2/20, Steve N4IRS <szingman@msgstor.com> wrote:
I assume it HAMVOIP. This is from them
<https://hamvoip.org/howto/iaxrpt-config.pdf> Start at page 6.

On 12/2/20 9:02 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

Trying to help my friend setup his dvswitch client on android to
connect to his allstar node. So when he connects, it just says node
1998. What does he need to do? I forgot?
The voice speaks node number 1998.
Cheers,

Jed

Jed Barton

Haha, any ideas of what we should do? I know it's connecting, but it
just speaks node number 1998, then disconnects.

[...]

Mike KB8JNM

Not trying to pile on,

It would help to use a pre built form asking OS & ver and ASL/hamvoip and pi/pc/vps

I am sure we have all lost a lot of time helping down a road to nowhere from not having that info.

On 12/2/2020 9:25 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
[...]

Mike and I discussed that. As soon as we do, any problem that crops up on HAMVOIP, it would be DVSwitch fault. ASL 1.01 uses a more sane IAX / extensions.

Steve

On 12/2/20 9:30 PM, Mike KB8JNM wrote:
[...]

Follow the document.