Topics

First release of USRP Client (pyUC)

Steve N4IRS

See the announcement in the Mobile subgroup:

https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/Mobile/message/1038

ve6gcd@...

Hi Steve,

Can you tell me how to set this up for ASL USRP node?

The downloaded pyUC.ini file has

defaultServer=DMR.
aslMode=0

For AllStarLink Do I need to set defaultServer to blank, while aslMode=1?

73,
Geoffrey VE6GCD

Steve N4IRS

Geoff,
You can leave the default server alone, it will not be used when connecting to ASL.
Set aslMode=1
Setup you ASL node using the USRP channel driver. Set the ports to the same value
rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:12345:12345

Please be aware that you can not control the node (*70 etc) from pyUC. All you can do is transmit and receive.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/25/2020 1:58 PM, ve6gcd@... wrote:
Hi Steve,

Can you tell me how to set this up for ASL USRP node?

The downloaded pyUC.ini file has

defaultServer=DMR.
aslMode=0

For AllStarLink Do I need to set defaultServer to blank, while aslMode=1?

73,
Geoffrey VE6GCD

ve6gcd@...

Thanks Steve,

I will try to play with it and see how I can use it to interface ASL and S-COM 7330.

73,
Geoffrey VE6GCD

Steve N4IRS

Sorry for the delay, it took me a bit to figure out what I think is your issue.
In rpt.conf for the node you are connecting to via USRP you have something like this:

rxchannel = USRP/127.0.0.1:34001:32001; GNU Radio interface USRP

What this says is that chan_usrp is listening on port 32001 This is how your audio gets from pyUC to ASL
127.0.0.1:34001 tells CHAN_USRP to send audio to IP 127.0.0.1 on port 34001. Well unless you have pyUC running on the same machine as the ASL node, you will hear no audio from pyUC.
So, change 127.0.0.1 to the IP of the machine running pyUC.

Steve N4IRS

On 2/25/2020 10:55 PM, ve6gcd@... wrote:
Hi Steve,

I was able to transmit from USRP Client in ASL mode but was unable to receive anything. Is there anything I missed in the settings? Config file below.

[DEFAULTS]
myCall = VE6GCD             ; You callsign
subscriberID = 3026122      ; Your DMR/CCS7 ID
repeaterID = 3026122        ; Your repeater ID
ipAddress = <omitted>  ; IP address or hostname of DVSwitch Server (AB)
usrpTxPort = 34001          ; Port on which AB is listening
usrpRxPort = 32001          ; Local port to listen for packets from AB
defaultServer = YSF         ; Start up UI on this mode (AB will override)
slot = 2                    ; Slot to transmit on for DMR
in_index = Default          ; pyaudio  index for input device (0-N or -1 to disable)
out_index = Default         ; pyaudio  index for output device (0-N or Default)
loopback = 0                ; NOT USED
dongleMode = 0              ; NOT USED
micVol = 50                 ; NOT USED
spVol = 50                  ; NOT USED
voxEnable = 0               ; Enable = 1, disable = 0
voxThreshold = 200          ; This seems to be a good value for me
voxDelay = 50               ; 50 samples (which is 1 second)
aslMode = 1                 ; For VERY limited use with chan_usrp (ASL experimental).

ve6gcd@...

Thanks Steve,

This is interesting, might also try pursuing this route. I will reconfugure rpt.conf as advised and let you know.

73,
Geoffrey VE6GCD

ve6gcd@...

I just caught a glitch: Transmit is disabled after double clicking the Transmit Button twice right after opening the app.