From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of G4WXN@... <G4WXN@...>
Sent: 02 January 2021 18:36
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Free DMR with DVS

I have been trying to configure my system to access the Free DMR network.

I have tried using the information from this page
http://www.freedmr.uk/index.php/pi-star-settings-for-hotspots/
Does not work, I have even tried using the ip address rather than the server address same problem, just hit a wall.

Has anyone else tried this? and succeeded?

--
Derek

G4WXN

Sean Burton

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 01:36 PM, <G4WXN@...> wrote:

[...]

 There has been some maintenance carried out on the FreeDMR system and this has caused some log in issues. It's a new network so this will happen until they finally get it stabilised.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/2/21 2:37 PM, Sean Burton wrote:
[...]

G4WXN@...

I'll try again, defo had the password with a zero
--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

MMDVM log shows login to master has failed.

Here's the stanza from the ini file

#--------Free DMR Network------
[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=hotspots.freedmr.uk
#HB_GB_FreeDMR_DMO
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
#Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0
#-------------------------
--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

Post the log

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

MMDVM log shows login to master has failed.

Here's the stanza from the ini file

#--------Free DMR Network------
[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=hotspots.freedmr.uk
#HB_GB_FreeDMR_DMO
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
#Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0
#-------------------------
--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

Derek,
I just checked this with Pi-Star. I am unable to login. Since Pi-Star can't login, MMDVM_Bridge will not be able to login.

Steve N4IRS

On 1/3/21 4:25 AM, G4WXN@... wrote:
MMDVM log shows login to master has failed.

Here's the stanza from the ini file

#--------Free DMR Network------
[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=hotspots.freedmr.uk
#HB_GB_FreeDMR_DMO
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
#Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0
#-------------------------
--
Derek

G4WXN

Steve N4IRS

Derek,
Please retry again. There may have been a internet problem.

Thanks, Steve

On 1/3/21 4:25 AM, G4WXN@... wrote:
MMDVM log shows login to master has failed.

Here's the stanza from the ini file

#--------Free DMR Network------
[DMR Network]
Enable=1
Address=hotspots.freedmr.uk
#HB_GB_FreeDMR_DMO
Port=62031
Jitter=360
Local=62032
Password=passw0rd
#Options=
Slot1=0
Slot2=1
Debug=0
#-------------------------
--
Derek

G4WXN

G4WXN@...

Yes, apparently FreeDMR has some "Issues" at the moment.

No worries, just wait till it's fixed.

--
Derek

G4WXN

inmarex@...

In order to make it work you need to setup Options field.