Topics

Frequent loss of connection to YSF server

N9UMJ

Hi All

Can someone tell me if there is a setting in DV_Switch that would cause a timeout to the YSF server after a few minutes of use .

I believe I have a timeout or a restart set that should not be set, I don't want to start changing things without know what I need to be looking for.

Thanks

Rick n9umj

Steve KC1AWV

If you're using YSFGateway, check the Network stanza for InacivityTimeout. Set that to 0 for no timeout.

Steve KC1AWV

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

N9UMJ

Thanks Steve.
I'll check there, Ive been trying to get patches, password changes and updates on my Digital Ocean Droplet after yesterday's DDos attack.
I wanted to try and resolve this issue while I was in the droplet.

Rick n9umj

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:14 AM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
If you're using YSFGateway, check the Network stanza for InacivityTimeout. Set that to 0 for no timeout.

Steve KC1AWV

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:08 AM N9UMJ <n9umj2@...> wrote:
Hi All

Can someone tell me if there is a setting in DV_Switch that would cause a timeout to the YSF server after a few minutes of use .

I believe I have a timeout or a restart set that should not be set, I don't want to start changing things without know what I need to be looking for.

Thanks

Rick n9umj

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

N9UMJ

Steve

I just noticed you suggested the inactivity, The issues occurs only during activity , Ill check the setting to make sure it's at 0.

Thanks
Rick

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:14 AM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
If you're using YSFGateway, check the Network stanza for InacivityTimeout. Set that to 0 for no timeout.

Steve KC1AWV

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:08 AM N9UMJ <n9umj2@...> wrote:
Hi All

Can someone tell me if there is a setting in DV_Switch that would cause a timeout to the YSF server after a few minutes of use .

I believe I have a timeout or a restart set that should not be set, I don't want to start changing things without know what I need to be looking for.

Thanks

Rick n9umj

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV

Steve KC1AWV

No worries, I've seen all sorts of strange things happen with timers all over the place. The other thing I would check if the InactivityTimeout is set to 0 and the issue still persists would be to see if anything else is running that might be conflicting with the ports in use. Where to look would be determined by which part of the chain is breaking. If YSFGateway is disassociating from the reflector, stop the YSFGateway service and see if there's another program (another instance of YSFGateway?) trying to use ports 3200, 4200, or 42000 UDP.

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:26 AM N9UMJ <n9umj2@...> wrote:
[...]

I changed the timer from 10 to 0 , Ill see if that fixes before changing anything else.
I do remember a setting to refresh the YSFRelector feed to the YSF Dashboard, If memory serves me ? I made it refresh because the dashboard wouldn't' update on it's own? But I don't remember which file I made the changes in.

I started a log file this morning to help keep track of any changes. This project is growing and getting past my ability to retain all of the information.

Rick

Rick

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:33 AM Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:
[...]

Looking at my YSFReflector dashboard, I don't see a refresh button or setting readily available, but there is a meta refresh set to 60 seconds in the dashboard code. If you look at index.php for the dashboard, line 22, you can set the refresh delay in seconds.

Personally, I think a javascript way to refresh would be more cleaner.

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 8:58 AM N9UMJ <n9umj2@...> wrote:
[...]

Let me correct myself... I was looking at the compiled page source and not the actual php code, whoops...

 Edit the config.php file found in the config directory for the dashboard. Set REFRESHAFTER to the number of seconds you want the dashboard to refresh after. That sentence was a bit redundant, but you get the idea :)

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:12 AM Stephen Miller <smiller@...> wrote:
[...]

Alec-N1AJW

all those suggestions are nice but that's not his problem.   The problem is Digital Ocean.  I used to use them for TGIF's YSF Reflector and it did the same thing.   Some providers work better for YSF Reflector.  Digital Ocean isnt one of them.  I learned by Trial and Error.  Google and Amazon and NFO work much better.   Use the Installation guide for YSF Reflector on the page where you register your reflector.  The method they use here works best to keep the reflector on.  You dont Need YSF Gateway at all for YSF Reflector.   I would suggest you switch services.  I think I set all those up for you like over a year ago.  I found out the other services worked much better.  Its very easy to make and new service and change the ip on the registration page.

Good Luck

Alec

Eric Dayrit

Is that what it is? I cancelled my Digital Ocean prior to this issue. I had the same exact problem offline and online, I run my YSF Reflector now at home problem went away. Anyways thats a $5.00 subscription per month, I guess you get what you pay for.

N9UMJ

Thanks Alec .
I was suspicious of Digital Ocean being the problem, but I submitted trouble reports and of course they denied any issues on their end.

I would be interested in moving it , if you have any tips on an easy transition , please let me know in a PM.

As always your input is valued

Rick n9umj

On Wed, May 8, 2019, 4:24 PM Alec-N1AJW <alec.wasserman@...> wrote:
all those suggestions are nice but that's not his problem.   The problem is Digital Ocean.  I used to use them for TGIF's YSF Reflector and it did the same thing.   Some providers work better for YSF Reflector.  Digital Ocean isnt one of them.  I learned by Trial and Error.  Google and Amazon and NFO work much better.   Use the Installation guide for YSF Reflector on the page where you register your reflector.  The method they use here works best to keep the reflector on.  You dont Need YSF Gateway at all for YSF Reflector.   I would suggest you switch services.  I think I set all those up for you like over a year ago.  I found out the other services worked much better.  Its very easy to make and new service and change the ip on the registration page.

Good Luck

Alec

Mike KB8JNM

-off list-