Topics

Getting a Burp Voice Message through ASL <> DMR Bridge #mmdvm_bridge

Ted Lawrence

Hi Folks!

I have 2 nodes running.   Node 505501 ASL<>DMR DV-Switch Bridge on one Raspberry Pi and Stand alone Node 505500 Raspberry Pi remote base UHF.

When the two nodes are linked,  I get what sounds like a  short voice message that sound line the word " burped " after the remote base courtesy tone. This happens when the remote base receives a siginal.   Can someone explain ? How do I stop this message behavior?

Sincerely,
Ted KD4EG

Jeff Lehman, N8ACL

the message is probably "blocked" in a female voice. this means that your bridge has been blocked for an hour for too many keyups in a certain amount of time.

One thing that I found is to increase your tx timer. That might help to eliminate that. I don't have access to my system right this second, so I don't remember what a good setting is, but that will help. Maybe someone can suggest a good value.

Jeff

--
Jeff Lehman, N8ACL
E-mail: N8ACL@...

Webmaster
Hamilton County ARPSC
http://www.hamcoarpsc.org
E-mail: info@...
Phone: 513-452-6480

Steve N4IRS

increase minTxTimeMS to between 2500 and 3000 in the [AMBE_Audio] stanza of Analog_Bridge.ini

On 12/30/19 3:06 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the help.  Will make changes and try again.

Ted Lawrence

So to be clear.  The burp message is a response from the network.  Not the node software?

Steve N4IRS

Correct