HB_Bridge branch of HBlink

Bill N2WNS

I'm currently running the HB_Bridge branch of HBlink along with the IPSC_Bridge version of DMRlink to make my Hytera repeater talk to a C-Bridge. Knowing it's not supported, I would like to use HBmonitor. What configuration of HBlink/DMRlink would I need to leverage HBmonitor?

Thanks,

-Bill
 N2WNS

Steve N4IRS

Bill,
Cort may chime. I don't know if HBmonitor will work with the HB_Bridge branch (sure do need to merge that in...) Your post does raise a question, are you saying Hytera can talk to HBlink?

Steve N4IRS

On 10/2/2018 9:38 AM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
I'm currently running the HB_Bridge branch of HBlink along with the IPSC_Bridge version of DMRlink to make my Hytera repeater talk to a C-Bridge. Knowing it's not supported, I would like to use HBmonitor. What configuration of HBlink/DMRlink would I need to leverage HBmonitor?

Thanks,

-Bill
 N2WNS

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

I’ve not done anything to the HB_Bridge branch of HBlink – hbmonitor will not work with it. If you’re using DMRlink, use the DMRmonitor that goes with it.

HBlink’s master branch is getting dangerously out of touch with the HB_Bridge branch at this point. Once I add in the OpenBridge support (currently going on in the socket address branch) they’re going to come largely incompatible.

On Oct 2, 2018, at 8:41 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Bill,
Cort may chime. I don't know if HBmonitor will work with the HB_Bridge branch (sure do need to merge that in...) Your post does raise a question, are you saying Hytera can talk to HBlink?

Steve N4IRS

On 10/2/2018 9:38 AM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
I'm currently running the HB_Bridge branch of HBlink along with the IPSC_Bridge version of DMRlink to make my Hytera repeater talk to a C-Bridge. Knowing it's not supported, I would like to use HBmonitor. What configuration of HBlink/DMRlink would I need to leverage HBmonitor?

Thanks,

-Bill
 N2WNS

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Bill N2WNS

Currently I run Repeater->Hytera-Gateway->DMRGateway->HBlink->DMRlink->C-Bridge. It runs pretty well with the exception of reporting RSSI. It sounds like I'm going to have to migrate away from the legacy HB_Bridge/IPSC_Bridge. What path would best suit my situation?

-Bill
 N2WNS

Steve N4IRS

I would say that once Cort has finished (is software EVER finished?) adding OpenBridge to HBlink, we can look at adding HB_Bridge into that version.

On 10/2/2018 10:03 AM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
Currently I run Repeater->Hytera-Gateway->DMRGateway->HBlink->DMRlink->C-Bridge. It runs pretty well with the exception of reporting RSSI. It sounds like I'm going to have to migrate away from the legacy HB_Bridge/IPSC_Bridge. What path would best suit my situation?

-Bill
 N2WNS

Bill N2WNS

That sounds like a plan. The DMRlink side of the system is usually good. It's the HBlink side I would like to monitor. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

-Bill
 N2WNS

Jason Johnston

This interests me as I've been looking for a way to get hytera to talk to our cbridge. Which piece of software is the "hytera-bridge"?

--
73 de
Jason - KC5HWB

Bill N2WNS

It's called Hytera to MMDVM gateway. The guys in Austria wrote it.

-Bill
 N2WNS

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 7:30 AM Jason Johnston <kc5hwb@...> wrote:
This interests me as I've been looking for a way to get hytera to talk to our cbridge. Which piece of software is the "hytera-bridge"?

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018, 9:47 AM Bill N2WNS <n2wns.radio@...> wrote:
That sounds like a plan. The DMRlink side of the system is usually good. It's the HBlink side I would like to monitor. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

-Bill
 N2WNS

--
73 de
Jason - KC5HWB

Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier

But I think it’s closed source yes?

Shit is you need so many tools

Best solution is like dmrlink but it’s not working with hytera.

Maybe it’s possible to reverse the hytera to mmdvm software

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 03.10.2018 um 14:41 schrieb Bill N2WNS <n2wns.radio@...>:

It's called Hytera to MMDVM gateway. The guys in Austria wrote it.

-Bill
 N2WNS

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 7:30 AM Jason Johnston <kc5hwb@...> wrote:
This interests me as I've been looking for a way to get hytera to talk to our cbridge. Which piece of software is the "hytera-bridge"?

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018, 9:47 AM Bill N2WNS <n2wns.radio@...> wrote:
That sounds like a plan. The DMRlink side of the system is usually good. It's the HBlink side I would like to monitor. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.

-Bill
 N2WNS

--
73 de
Jason - KC5HWB

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

Yeah, I love that – it’s never finished :) But it will be good enough to merge in at some point.

On Oct 2, 2018, at 9:07 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

I would say that once Cort has finished (is software EVER finished?) adding OpenBridge to HBlink, we can look at adding HB_Bridge into that version.

On 10/2/2018 10:03 AM, Bill N2WNS wrote:
Currently I run Repeater->Hytera-Gateway->DMRGateway->HBlink->DMRlink->C-Bridge. It runs pretty well with the exception of reporting RSSI. It sounds like I'm going to have to migrate away from the legacy HB_Bridge/IPSC_Bridge. What path would best suit my situation?

-Bill
 N2WNS

--
Cort Buffington
H: +1-785-813-1501
M: +1-785-865-7206

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

When I reverse engineered IPSC, it was absolutely critical to have a real Motorola repeater here in front of me, physically on my LAN to analyze. As I’ve said for years, when I actually have a Hytera repeater I can do the same with, I can start working on Hytera support.

On Oct 3, 2018, at 8:31 AM, Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier via Groups.Io <kbluetkemeier@...> wrote:

[...]

Time for the start of a FAQ:

1: When will the software be finished?
    Software means never having to say you're finished. (apologies to Erich Segal)

2: Will you support connecting a Hytera repeater?
    Yes, when we have a Hytera repeater(s) to reverse the protocol and time to work on it.

3: ...

On 10/3/2018 9:52 AM, Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Excellent.  I have the Hytera CPS, but not a repeater.  I have been considering buying one to research, but I am not really a programmer, so I am interested in helping out someone smarter than myself.

Add this one to the list also:

Jason

photo
Jason Johnston
KC5HWB, Ham Radio 2.0

817-601-7228 | jason@...

www.HamRadio2.com

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 8:59 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
[...]

Bob kc2cwt

If you would like , i can see if i can get one out to you

KC2CWT
Bob Schneider
kc2cwt@...
(914)497-5502

[...]

I don’t want to keep one any longer than I have to – I’ll place it in the queue and let you know when I’m ready.

On Oct 3, 2018, at 10:31 AM, Bob kc2cwt <kc2cwt@...> wrote:

[...]

Would a VPN to the repeater work ?