HB Link HowTo Create Master Sever

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

I am sorry you feel that way about the BM Masters.  To each their own I guess. We are all volunteers...

If you are running only homebrew repeaters then you want HBLINK.  If you are running Motorola Repeaters then you want dmrlink.

I would suggest turning to google for git.  Basically when you know what you want on the git page you would do a git clone and the URL provided...

Corey  N3FE

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 10:24 AM Chris WB4ULK via Groups.Io <chood73=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been digging around searching the threads and can't seem to find a clear picture of how to go about deploying my own DMR master.
I have a DMR to ASL server running, but am tired of the intermittent issues with BM. Since my analog repeater looks to my Bridge and so do my DMR repeaters, when BM decides to get flaky, I lose connection between my repeaters. I know, I can put a radio back at the site programmed with our local TG, but I want to be able to get back to the repeaters when I am on the road.
Me an my local group also want to use our own server to connect all of our local DMR repeaters as well as our hotspots to. I think this is the way to go. Traffic will be low and reliability will be high.

I have figured out, I need to install HB Link. I am assuming that I need to install other "modules" as well.
Would someone lay out the the little flow diagram for me to get what I need installed. Such as .... [HBlink]-->[Example]<--->[Example]
I also need the get or git commands to get them.

One more question, I know I'm asking a lot.... When I am finished, can I have ASL and HBLink running on the same small cloud server, or is it better to keep them on separate VM's due to the small processing power? I am running 1 gig servers on Vultr. Currently, I have my bridge,Broadcastify,Echolink and ASL hub all on different servers.

Thanks for any help,
Chris
WB4ULK

Chris WB4ULK

I may have come across wrong in one of my posts.
I am sorry if I disparaged the BM servers or the people that keep them up and I deeply apologize for that.

I have had some issues with different BM servers not talking to each other sometimes and it segments my network when that happens.
I understand that can happen occasionally since the BM servers are carrying so much traffic and doing so many things.

I was looking for a way to just connect our cluster together on one small server for ultra reliability. If there is such a thing, since we are talking about internet connections (ahem.. Cable companies. lol)

Anyway, I really appreciate EVERYTHING you guys have done and I am a huge proponent of BM. I believe in open networks that bring modes and people together instead of segmenting them.

Again, I sincerely apologize for saying anything negative about the work you guys do.

Chris
WB4ULK

Tim <k6biv@...>

The C-Bridge can do this..

Tim
K6BIV

On Oct 26, 2018, at 6:53 PM, Chris WB4ULK via Groups.Io <chood73@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve N4IRS

Edited

Yes it can, with a significantly higher price and complexity. Just to be clear, this discussion group is focused on HBlink, DMRlink and DVSwitch. We provide connectivity to BM, DMR+, c-Bridges, AllStarlink, Echolink and all of the MMDVM based modes. No other set of programs provide this level of connectivity. Let's keep this on subject.

Oh, I forgot to mention that and all this is free of charge and puts the system manager in control!

Steve N4IRS

On 10/26/2018 09:56 PM, Tim via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Sorry..

Tim